PDA

View Full Version : Griot's Garage NEW BOSS Paint Polishing System

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19]

Fast Eddie
12-04-2016, 08:15 PM
But after a few mins. of use and the addition of more product, the pad softens a little.

ScottH
This is my findings also, after a few minutes they soften up to the point they are almost usable...but not enough for me to choose them for correction work anymore. Just not a fan of stiff hard pads on long throw polishers.

Mantilgh
12-04-2016, 08:42 PM
Thanks guys.

kkritsilas
12-04-2016, 11:50 PM
Hi,

I am fairly new to detailing, nad only have a Porter Cable 7424XP. As everybody knows, it is s short stroke DA. In the video that is part of post #267, the person using the Griots G21 with the BOSS products is only moivng the polisher back and forth (horizontally), but not vertically. I have always seen/read/watched videos that show the DA needing to go both horizontally and vertically to ensure even coverage. Is this not necessary with long/large throw DAs like the G21, or is is something that the BOSS products make unnecessary? Not criticizing, just trying to learn the correct way to do things.

Joe@NextLevelDetail
12-05-2016, 03:56 AM
Hi,

I am fairly new to detailing, nad only have a Porter Cable 7424XP. As everybody knows, it is s short stroke DA. In the video that is part of post #267, the person using the Griots G21 with the BOSS products is only moivng the polisher back and forth (horizontally), but not vertically. I have always seen/read/watched videos that show the DA needing to go both horizontally and vertically to ensure even coverage. Is this not necessary with long/large throw DAs like the G21, or is is something that the BOSS products make unnecessary? Not criticizing, just trying to learn the correct way to do things.
That's due to the size of the panel.

Not every panel you can do a cross hatch pattern, infact you can only do it on large open panels.

On certain panels and angles, you have to manipulate the polisher to get the job done.

The cross hatch pattern was not needed on that particular panel.

Move your pc slow with 10-15 lbs of pressure on speed 5-6 if you use speed 4 you are not doing anything but making the paint shiny. Only 4.5 - 6 can fix paint with the pc.

I highly recommend to use fast correcting cream as you will get amazing results and it's newbie friendly. Stay away from 105.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

kkritsilas
12-05-2016, 01:37 PM
Thanks the the reply.

I haven't settled on a compound yet, but I know I will not be going with M106. kist from reading on its propensity to dust up.Being as new as I am, a longer working time will be of major importance to me. Compounds with a long working time (take a long time to dry up and dust) will be what I am looking to, including the Griot's BOSS products.

EPHIOS
12-13-2016, 10:02 AM
Awesome write up!

Mike Phillips
12-13-2016, 04:40 PM
Hi,

I am fairly new to detailing, nad only have a Porter Cable 7424XP. As everybody knows, it is s short stroke DA.

In the video that is part of post #267, the person using the Griots G21 with the BOSS products is only moivng the polisher back and forth (horizontally), but not vertically.

I have always seen/read/watched videos that show the DA needing to go both horizontally and vertically to ensure even coverage. Is this not necessary with long/large throw DAs like the G21, or is is something that the BOSS products make unnecessary?

If you're working a thin panel and it doesn't make sense to make a crosshatch pattern then you simply move the polisher back and forth in the direction of the length of the panel.

See my article here....

The Yoda Technique for Buffing out a Car (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/ask-expert-featuring-mike-phillips/56165-yoda-technique-buffing-out-car.html)

"Let the panel be your guide"

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/787/yoda.jpg
(When you read the above sentence, use your best Yoda impersonation)

:)

JacobSelvestar
01-11-2017, 06:17 AM
This is really an amazing products which is helpful to all automobile companies. This new paint polishing system is coming up with the latest technology and ability to remove stain as well as capability to paint and polish the car withing short time period. I like this product and will purchase.

Ceerokz
03-06-2017, 07:27 PM
Excellent write up! Griot's Boss system is so user friendly!