PDA

View Full Version : Griot's Garage NEW BOSS Paint Polishing System

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

custmsprty
06-16-2015, 05:48 PM
Congrats! :)

Would love to hear your feedback once you get to use it. What do you think of the design and feel of the tool from holding it?

I love the feel of it, the balance etc. Now that I have the 6" & 5" backing plate I doubt I'll have much use for my Rupes 15. Guess I'll be putting that on Craigs list :props:

I can't wait to give it a good run. My own vehicles are in to good of shape to really get a feel for it's correction abilities, but if it works as good as it feels and sounds wow. I mean this thing is a beast on speed 6 setting! Running the variable trigger switch on setting one and feathering it you can really get the idea of what advantages a large 21mm throw has.

If only the Karate Kid had of had a GG21 :buffing:

d33p
06-16-2015, 06:48 PM
You should do a side by side g21 with 5" plate vs rupes 15. Ive always wondered how much difference the throw makes while using the same sized pads.

Like throw some wax on the car while keeping them both stationary so you can actually see the coverage difference.

jetman624
06-16-2015, 07:46 PM
You should do a side by side g21 with 5" plate vs rupes 15. Ive always wondered how much difference the throw makes while using the same sized pads.

Like throw some wax on the car while keeping them both stationary so you can actually see the coverage difference.

You wonder?

Shouldn't the diameter of the area covered should only increase by 12mm by going from the 15 to the 21-- assuming the same size pad is used?

custmsprty
06-16-2015, 07:51 PM
You wonder?

Shouldn't the diameter of the area covered should only increase by 12mm by going from the 15 to the 21-- assuming the same size pad is used?

I'm not sure about that mathematically, math was never my strong suit.

For me having a Rupes 15, the difference between that and 21mm is about 28% so I definitely wasn't used to seeing that big of movement when I fired up the GG21 or for that matter a Rupes 21.

d33p
06-16-2015, 07:51 PM
Jetman- I like to see visual evidence. You wouldn't?

jetman624
06-16-2015, 08:16 PM
I guess it depends on where that measurement comes from.

Could be 6 or 12mm difference in diameter...

custmsprty
06-16-2015, 08:31 PM

Jetman- I like to see visual evidence. You wouldn't?

You won't see it from me because I'm not that curious about it. I'll base my satisfaction of the performance on the actual results I get from the machine. The minutia and side by side comparison stuff, well frankly I don't have the time or the patience for it. There are so any other things to do with my time. :buffing:

d33p
06-16-2015, 08:58 PM
Well I can walk on water but you have to take my word for it lmao!!!!!!!

Mike@ShineStruck
06-17-2015, 02:28 PM
Jist got mine today :-)

custmsprty
06-17-2015, 02:38 PM
Jist got mine today :-)

It's a beast isn't it. Have you had a chance to plug it in and fire it up?

Mike@ShineStruck
06-17-2015, 06:57 PM
It's a beast isn't it. Have you had a chance to plug it in and fire it up?

Yes but at a failed attempt to correct glass
2nd go around shall be successful as i now have the correct procedure thanks to a forum members review thread
I have a few cars to try my fort corrections on also
will be starting off with the griot orange pads

ski2
06-17-2015, 06:59 PM
My G15 arrived today and it certainly is a beast. Anyone who was a skeptic will change their mind once they get their hands on one. Smooth as silk even with a Buff & Shine pad. Fit and finish are superb and I can see the variable speed trigger saving allot of time.

Worst thing I can say is the tee shirts run small--should have gotten a large.

BTW: Has anyone figured out a good way to mark a black backing plate--black permanent marker line certainly isn't going to work.

808_detail_nut
06-17-2015, 07:01 PM
My G15 arrived today and it certainly is a beast. Anyone who was a skeptic will change their mind once they get their hands on one. Smooth as silk even with a Buff & Shine pad. Fit and finish are superb and I can see the variable speed trigger saving allot of time.

BTW: Has anyone figured out a good way to mark a black backing plate--black permanent marker line certainly isn't going to work.

You try a silver sharpie?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

custmsprty
06-17-2015, 07:05 PM

I put my GG 21 to the test today, I don't think stalling is going to be a concern. I was thinking the same thing you were. But I put it through it's paces on some curves and sloped panels and it didn't phase it.

Mike@ShineStruck
06-17-2015, 07:35 PM
First time ive ever used a polisher
i havent stalled it, dont think i can