PDA

View Full Version : Going to first corvette show

asalesagent912
06-05-2015, 07:58 PM
So im going to my first corvette car show. Just looking for any advise on how to prepare the car. To me the car is immaculate but im sure the judges look for things that i dont see.
like i said i never been to a car show so i dont know what they look for. any input would be appreciated. thanks

Sizzle Chest
06-05-2015, 08:16 PM
What kind of show? Concours? General vette show? Different judging at different types of shows.

asalesagent912
06-05-2015, 09:36 PM
What kind of show? Concours? General vette show? Different judging at different types of shows.
general vette show

Klasse Act
06-05-2015, 09:37 PM
Since the hood opens the way it does make sure the hood, as well as the rest of the car, is swirl free. I can't tell you how many Vettes I see at shows with the hoods up and its a nightmare!

Good luck at the show and please post pics, especially mid-year coupes:props:

asalesagent912
06-05-2015, 09:45 PM
Since the hood opens the way it does make sure the hood, as well as the rest of the car, is swirl free. I can't tell you how many Vettes I see at shows with the hoods up and its a nightmare!

Good luck at the show and please post pics, especially mid-year coupes:props:
thanks

Sizzle Chest
06-05-2015, 11:41 PM
I would just make sure that she is clean and swirl free. Clean glass, and interior. Tires dressed. So basically: detailed up! LOL.

You should do well...good luck, keep us posted!

asalesagent912
06-06-2015, 06:00 AM
I would just make sure that she is clean and swirl free. Clean glass, and interior. Tires dressed. So basically: detailed up! LOL.

You should do well...good luck, keep us posted!
ok thanks i will keep u posted sunday the day of the show

asalesagent912
06-08-2015, 08:36 PM
well i had a nice time at the show . A little disappointed i didn't win a trophy. but i have to say the completion is unbelievable at the show with these corvette owners. from watching some lady using tape on her carpets to some of them with cans of air blowing into the crevices. I wish i was able to at least see how they graded these cars and see how they graded mine. Here is a picture i wish i took more but only have one.

Sizzle Chest
06-08-2015, 09:03 PM
Glad you had fun! Your car looks great and it looks like it was a nice day too! Next show you attend or even spectate at, go find some judges, when they aren't busy, and ask them how the are judging/grading the cars and what they look for. This will give you a better idea of areas you may want to concentrate on for your next show!

Keep us up to date!

asalesagent912
06-08-2015, 09:15 PM
Glad you had fun! Your car looks great and it looks like it was a nice day too! Next show you attend or even spectate at, go find some judges, when they aren't busy, and ask them how the are judging/grading the cars and what they look for. This will give you a better idea of areas you may want to concentrate on for your next show!

Keep us up to date!
yes definitly going to do that. I should have done that at this show. thanks

damaged442
06-09-2015, 07:23 AM
Some Corvette shows are crazy. As some of the trailers roll in, you'd swear that some people think they get more points for having original air in their tires! lol I guess other car shows can get that bad too, but it just seems the Corvettes are the most scrutinized. By the judges, and by each other.

I have always loved Corvettes, and I don't really care which generation. I like each for their various designs and what each brought to the automotive world at the time. A cove here, a grill tooth there, a lovely swoop, a solid body line, a nice rumble, exposed headlights, hidden headlights, gill slits, egg crates, round taillights, non-round taillights, even the everchanging emblem.

To me they always meant something special in the automotive industry, especially at times when there really was nothing special in the automotive industry.

But, please, drive them.

Yeah buddy, I understand your 1975 Z07 roadster was one of one hundred and whatever built and it has like 1900 miles on it, but Zora and Bill Mitchell called and they would want to you to drive it. OK, maybe take the original Uniroyals off it first, those things were scary even when they were new...

Personally, my favorite would be a 1962 327/340. I'm most partial to Sateen Silver, but would definitely take any color... :xyxthumbs:

Your car looks great by the way! Enjoy it!

Klasse Act
06-09-2015, 07:35 AM
Carshows are also popularity contests, don't sweat it OP!

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

asalesagent912
06-10-2015, 04:53 PM
Thanks for all your responses and support. ill bring home the trophy for you guys next show. lol

Billy Baldone
06-10-2015, 05:05 PM
I just went to a local cruise night/car show. About 175 cars were there. 4 Challengers,2 2015 Corvettes and a 57 Nomad were the only cars I deemed worthy of being at a car show. No exaggeration, the rest were swirled out messes. I handed out almost 100 cards not one call, either they don't care, or are just frickin clueless. But yes, like posted before, total popularity contest.