PDA

View Full Version : LC changeable backing plate

emmjay
06-04-2015, 02:00 PM
So about 3 months ago, I purchased the Interchangeable backing plate system for my new Flex. So far I've used it once.

The one i purchased had the 6" and the 4" plates that I got for about $50....

Today i'm just browsing and notice that they(AGO) now only sell the 4" plate...for $34.99

I ain't mad or anything, but had I known I could have skipped on the 6" as its just lying in the packaging till today :/

And of course saved close to $35 in product and shipping costs halfway around the world:P

Just a mini rant hehe

parttimer
06-04-2015, 02:49 PM
Well that could be a new product release and just wasn't available at the time you purchased. It wasn't when I got mine. To be mad about that is like buying a 2011 car with 200hp and finding out a mid year refresh the engine has 225. You could wait forever to see if something new was coming but you will never know. Buy it and move on. Also notice the 6" plate isn't even available so you could have gotten the 4" and in a month go man I want to use 6" pads, NOPE.

Kamakaz1961
06-04-2015, 03:23 PM
The Backing Plate you are talking about is the Flex's 4 3/8" Backing Plate. That will fit 5" and 5.5" Pads. However, it will not fit the 5" Lake Country Hybrid Pads as the BP is too big. The 5" Hybrid Pads fit the 4" BP. IMO the 5" Hybrid Pads and the 6.5" Hybrid Pads are the best pads for the Flex 3401.

So there is a difference in the backing plates.

Either way the Flex is an awesome DA

parttimer
06-04-2015, 03:44 PM
Actually he is talking about ag selling just the one part of the interchangeable system. I wonder if they are working on the 6" page due to instances of it breaking

Kamakaz1961
06-04-2015, 04:04 PM
Actually he is talking about ag selling just the one part of the interchangeable system. I wonder if they are working on the 6" page due to instances of it breaking

You are correct!! I did not notice the change. I have the 6" and 4" BP. I do use the 4" BP as well as Flex's 4 3/8" & standard BP that came with the Flex. I have never used the 6" BP and I do not plan to any time soon. IMO it's an overkill and designed for 7"+ Pads which I feel no need for.

Thank you for pointing that out. Maybe Lake Country deemed that size plate unpopular. However, the Lake Country Backing Plate system and Hybrid Pads are awesome.

VISITOR
06-04-2015, 04:58 PM
Well that could be a new product release and just wasn't available at the time you purchased.

:iagree: since the flex is forced rotation it can handle 6.5"pads and who knows at some point or time you may or may not need the 6" backing plate...

emmjay
06-05-2015, 03:03 AM
Well that could be a new product release and just wasn't available at the time you purchased. It wasn't when I got mine. To be mad about that is like buying a 2011 car with 200hp and finding out a mid year refresh the engine has 225. You could wait forever to see if something new was coming but you will never know. Buy it and move on. Also notice the 6" plate isn't even available so you could have gotten the 4" and in a month go man I want to use 6" pads, NOPE.

Like I said, I ain't mad. Just pointing it out thats all :)

The Backing Plate you are talking about is the Flex's 4 3/8" Backing Plate. That will fit 5" and 5.5" Pads. However, it will not fit the 5" Lake Country Hybrid Pads as the BP is too big. The 5" Hybrid Pads fit the 4" BP. IMO the 5" Hybrid Pads and the 6.5" Hybrid Pads are the best pads for the Flex 3401.

So there is a difference in the backing plates.

Either way the Flex is an awesome DA

Agreed, but i'm talking about the 4" sold by LC.

Yup, thats what I'm talking about :D

You are correct!! I did not notice the change. I have the 6" and 4" BP. I do use the 4" BP as well as Flex's 4 3/8" & standard BP that came with the Flex. I have never used the 6" BP and I do not plan to any time soon. IMO it's an overkill and designed for 7"+ Pads which I feel no need for.

Thank you for pointing that out. Maybe Lake Country deemed that size plate unpopular. However, the Lake Country Backing Plate system and Hybrid Pads are awesome.

Was wondering the same. Hybrids are awesome with the 4" plate. Ive purchased about 20 pads already hahah :dblthumb2: