PDA

View Full Version : New Nanoskin Mitt

wdmaccord
06-04-2015, 08:34 AM
I'm make the plunge into the 21st century. So I don't get a ton of suggestions, I'll lay out my plan and if you all can critique, that would be awesome:

I'm going to use a nanoskin mitt (blue fine) for the first time on a detail this weekend. My plan is to foam the car with CGCW Red, power rinse, foam again and wash panel by panel (2BM style without the wash bucket), then foam again and nanoskin by panel with a final power rinse as I go.

Do you think the CGCW Red is a good product to use with the nanoskin mitt in foam state? I foam at a ratio of 1:128 (foam gun, not cannon).

Other products I have on hand: DG901; BFRW diluted to clay lube strength; Dawn; distilled water. Using a traditional clay bar, I have typically used the BFRW solution. One of our top detailers here in town recommends distilled water with their brand of clay, so that is why I mentioned that.

And yes, I will break the mitt in on the windshield first. :)

Thanks in advance!

Mike Moore
06-04-2015, 03:47 PM
Nanoskin Glide or a Optimum No Rinse (ONR) is what I use for a polymerized rubber "clay" alternative lubricant.

trekkeruss
06-04-2015, 04:11 PM
I haven't used an CG products, but I do foam (with a cannon) to use as a clay towel lube; it works fine.

Sherif
06-04-2015, 04:37 PM
I think if you foam the whole car first then start claying, the foam will dry and the last few panels won't be wet enough for claying!
IMO it's easier to use RW as a clay lube and you don't have to rinse again after claying since the car has been foamed, washed and rinsed twice..

trekkeruss
06-04-2015, 05:33 PM
I think if you foam the whole car first then start claying, the foam will dry and the last few panels won't be wet enough for claying!

What I do, and what the Op indicated, is to foam in sections.

If I'm not doing a PW wash, I use D114 in a spray bottle.