PDA

View Full Version : Duragloss PC No2 : need for polishing agent after?

ymc226
06-03-2015, 05:28 PM
I just used the DG SMR (Swirl Mark Remover) #671 for my new black car which worked well using a Porta Cable followed by Squeaky Clean and 2 coats of Nano Glass Ceramic coating.

I have an older car which is a truck and has been treated as such and never had a paint correction (its 20 years old) but recently mostly garaged. '95 Land Rover Defender.

My plan is to use the DG PC No2 Buffing and Polishing cleaner applied via a PC. I eventually will use SC followed by 2 coats of the Nano Glass Ceramic coating.

My question is should I follow the DG PC No2 with a polishing agent prior to the SQ and NGC? I have the DG 105 Total Performance Polish.

glfnaz
06-03-2015, 05:50 PM
If I understand correctly, no.

The DG 671 is a polish. The #105 has slight chemical cleaners, but leaves a sealant. It's a non abrasive cleaner with sealant. Actually a good one. If you follow that with SQ Clean, you remove the 105 polish / sealant but thats a waste. Instead of your 105 step, use a dedicated finishing polish, then SQ Clean, then nano coat.

I have no idea how 671 finishes down, but if it looks good after that, if you are happy, do SQ Clean next, then Nano coat.

I'd say that DG 105 is known primarily as a sealant but it has chemical cleaners in it as well.

ymc226
06-03-2015, 06:22 PM
Thanks but my question was not regarding the 671 but the DG PCNo2 Buffing and Polishing cleaner #652 first followed by the need for a separate polishing agent or can I go ahead and use SC and NGC?

swanicyouth
06-03-2015, 08:06 PM
DG is not known for their polishes. Oddly enough, they call their LSPs "polishes". Really, there is better stuff out there. If your going to take the time to do this, invest in some polishes with proven abrasive technology. If you want to use what ever you have or can obtain locally - then use that and let us know.

I've never heard of a single detailer correcting defects with a DG polish.