PDA

View Full Version : [REVIEW] - Pinnacle Liquid Gloss Rinseless Wash with Carnauba - Bryan Clark at Five Star Shine

Bryan@FiveStarShine
06-03-2015, 10:06 AM
During the May Detailing Boot Camp Class (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/pictures-detailing-boot-camp-classes/91158-pictures-comments-may-2015-detailing-boot-camp-class.html) Nick and I spent some time discussing rinseless washes. I live in a condo here in beautiful, southwest Florida and there is no access to running water etc. so rinseless/waterless washes are my only choice. As such, I'm one of the rinseless wash addicts out there.

Nick is also really into rinseless washing and was telling me about Pinnacle Liquid Gloss Rinseless Wash. He mentioned the scent being great. He also said it's nice having the wax in there so that each time you wash the vehicle you top it off with a little extra protection.

I placed an order after the Detailing Boot Camp and I was lucky enough to be greeted with some of the Pinnacle Liquid Gloss Rinseless Wash courtesy of Nick. Thanks, Nick! On Memorial Day my girlfriend was nagging me to do some stuff around the house, so instead I decided to go wash her Malibu.

Items used:

5 gallon bucket with 2 gallons of water
Grit Guard
Optimum Big Red Sponge
2 Meguiar's Water Magnet waffle weave drying towels
and of course, Pinnacle Liquid Gloss Rinseless Wash with Carnauba 1 oz.

Before:
http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/11009888_964529213565342_2237350189336429122_o.jpg

During:
http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/11257996_964528943565369_4896690072505210315_o.jpg

After:
http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/10353277_964529216898675_5620971678278934268_o.jpg

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/1524270_964529186898678_5896736065557652475_o.jpg

Oooohhhh glossy!
http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/10535573_964528930232037_4158371581310226579_o.jpg

As you can see the Pinnacle rinseless wash cleaned the vehicle very well. I did notice, however that there were a few little pieces of sap and bug guts that did remain, but that's to be expected. When they say "Liquid Gloss" they mean it. The smell, as some other reviewers have mentioned, is a tropical fruit scent along the lines of mango. My girlfriend thought it smelled amazing. I'm not a big fan of tropical fruit scents, but after using it the scent did grow on me and I can give it two thumbs up. The paint felt slick after drying the vehicle and again, the gloss was outstanding.

I really enjoyed how fast I was able to dry the vehicle. I'm assuming it's due to the wax being in the rinseless wash because it dried significantly faster and easier than ONR. And for anyone who uses ONR, you're probably like "What do you mean it dries faster and easier?" but it does. For this wash, being my first with this product, I washed/dried one panel at a time. This was at about 1pm in southwest Florida under mostly sunny conditions, temps were in the low 90's. I had no problems with water spots occuring while drying. I also washed my Camaro a few days later under similar conditions and I was able to wash several panels at a time before drying without issue. I really loved that feature.

So, to wrap up here are the highlights:

Smells great
Has wax built into the product
Dries extremely easy
Did not have water spotting issues under Florida heat and midday sun
Leaves an amazing gloss behind

:dblthumb2:

Mantilgh
06-03-2015, 10:43 AM
Thanks for the review, sounds good, looks good.

Oh, and I love this statement, "On Memorial Day my girlfriend was nagging me to do some stuff around the house, so instead I decided to go wash her Malibu."

Bryan@FiveStarShine
06-03-2015, 11:49 AM
Thanks for the review, sounds good, looks good.

It also smells good and feels good, didn't confirm that it tastes good though....

Oh, and I love this statement, "On Memorial Day my girlfriend was nagging me to do some stuff around the house, so instead I decided to go wash her Malibu."

Yea, she was saying something about me wasting the entire previous day watching the Monaco Grand Prix, Indy 500 and Coca-Cola 600. But, according to her, I probably wasn't listening.... :bolt:

willtothewong
06-03-2015, 12:35 PM
Great review.

I used up an entire gallon of this rinseless wash and it is amazing.

I have since switched to Meg's D114 since I am on a sealant craze right now. When I was 'into' carnuba paste waxes, this rinseless wash complimented my existing lsp.

tw33k2514
06-03-2015, 12:41 PM
Looks like good stuff. Will have to give it a shot on my next order.

-note 4 powered by T-Mobile

jmsc
06-03-2015, 12:56 PM
Just 2 questions for Bryan@FiveStarShine:

1. your impressions on the Optimum BRS

2. what do you actually mean that you have no access to running water?

Bryan@FiveStarShine
06-03-2015, 02:19 PM
Great review.
Thanks!

Looks like good stuff. Will have to give it a shot on my next order.

-note 4 powered by T-Mobile

You won't be disappointed!

Just 2 questions for Bryan@FiveStarShine:

1. your impressions on the Optimum BRS

2. what do you actually mean that you have no access to running water?

1. I love it. I had previously used another popular method that involved a bunch of microfibers and I really hated doing that so I switched to using a normal wash mitt. I really didn't like the idea of the wash mitt though because I had to use 2 buckets with ONR in both of them so when I rinsed the mitt the ONR wasn't diluted. I started looking into the grout sponge and saw a bunch of people saying Lowe's changed the sponge and it wasn't working as well. That's when I saw this video (https://youtu.be/1cK8BZSyBzQ) of the BRS in action. I immediately ordered 2. Is it a little pricey for a sponge? Yes, but they supposedly last forever and it's the best wash media I have personally used for rinseless washes. It basically cut my time in half as well. I can wash/dry our vehicles in about 15-20 mins now as opposed to 30+ minutes.

2. My condo has a standard parking lot and so there are no hoses anywhere around. Technically we aren't allowed to wash the vehicles or anything along those lines, but somehow I have escaped the Condo Association Gestapo so far. One of my neighbors actually received a threat of a fine for polishing the headlights on his HHR in the parking lot... but I'm getting off topic here.

Kamakaz1961
06-03-2015, 02:41 PM
Awesome review!! I use Pinnacle RW w Carnauba all the time. Additionally, I use a higher concentrate of Pinnacle RW and use it as my lube when I am claying (in my case Blue Nanoskin).

Pinnacle products are top notch!! Awesome review!!

silverfox
06-03-2015, 02:47 PM
Its a great product. I'm from the school that adding protection with any wash, conventional or rinseless, makes sense. Every time you wipe the paint, you're removing something. Its pure physics.

Bryan@FiveStarShine
06-03-2015, 03:47 PM
Awesome review!! I use Pinnacle RW w Carnauba all the time. Additionally, I use a higher concentrate of Pinnacle RW and use it as my lube when I am claying (in my case Blue Nanoskin).

Pinnacle products are top notch!! Awesome review!!

Ahhhh, thank you for reminding me! I should have mentioned it because Nick also brought that up. You can also mix it up as a quick detailer, which I did as well. I'm going to see if I can wash the entire vehicle and just hit it quickly with the QD I made to dry the entire thing at the same time and see if that's any faster.

Its a great product. I'm from the school that adding protection with any wash, conventional or rinseless, makes sense. Every time you wipe the paint, you're removing something. Its pure physics.

Makes total sense to me!

AllenK
06-06-2015, 12:28 AM
Great review of a great product! It is worth every penny of it's cost. I am almost out of the Pinnacle,and I will definitely order some again someday! I like to spread the love around and try new stuff too though!