PDA

View Full Version : Meguiar's D181, need opinions + Porsche Cayenne need advice

Don M
06-03-2015, 07:26 AM
I'm pricing out a white 2013 Porsche Cayenne with a leather interior. The owner and I are talking about a wash/2-step polish & seal on the exterior & tires dressed, interior vacuum w/leather cleaning and windows inside & out. I quoted him sight unseen $300-$350 depending on the condition of the leather and any tar etc. on the paint.

In the past I have used Meguiar's Rich Leather Aloe Cleaner (not the cleaner/conditioner) for leather interiors, but I don't see it on the products page any more, just the Cleaner/Conditioner which from the past I know isn't very strong of a cleaner. Which brings me to my first question. How is the Detailer's Line D181 for cleaning moderate to severely soiled leather? A gallon off the web is very reasonable and I wouldn't have a problem buying it in a gallon.

MY second question is: Does anyone have any tips or tricks for detailing a Porsche Cayenne? I've never seen one in person (other than while driving) so I have no idea of it's eccentricities or trouble spots. http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/images/smilies/scratchhead.gif

Any help would be appreciated

Don M
06-03-2015, 04:26 PM
*bump*

I really need help on this one guys & gals

Evan.J
06-03-2015, 04:52 PM
Don are you doing a 2 step polish on the entire suv? You could have gone up higher in price for all the work you are going to do thats just my opinion.

Porsche paint od on the soft side so do a few test spots and you should have no problem.

rms64
06-03-2015, 04:53 PM
Hey Don,

I can't really chime in on either question as I have no experience with the Megs products you're describing or detailing a Cayenne.

That said, here's a link (guessing you've already looked, but maybe it'll help a bit) to a cayenne that a forum member fixed up, saying the paint was very hard.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-n-shine/84996-ocdetailing-porsche-cayenne-gts-opti-coat-pro.html

Good luck and would love to see your progress pics!

custmsprty
06-03-2015, 05:40 PM
Just my opinion, but that seems low for all that work. I did a 435i exterior only and 2 step with HD Speed and Poxy for $200.00 and that was a buddy deal. I didn't touch the interior.

Personally, I never give a price for a job w/o seeing the vehicle first, just my opinion, but you never know what you're getting into until you see the vehicles condition.

asalesagent912
06-03-2015, 06:07 PM
Don like some have said 350 is way to cheap to do a 2 step polish for that size vehicle. I have done a white porshe cayenne. If the truck is white
are you sure you need to do a 2 step polish? Just to let you know I have done a few white cars and trucks and i have use xmt360 and d151 with great results. If it dont have scratches and swirls which are very hard to see on white this is the way to go in my opinion. it will save you alot of time and effort. As far as leather cleaner you can buy griots interior cleaner. it is good for leather vinyl and other surfaces.

Sizzle Chest
06-03-2015, 06:09 PM
Here is a review I did on a Cayenne I did a while back:

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/79379-my-pinnacle-black-lable-synergy-review.html

Hope it helps you!

Ebg18t
06-03-2015, 06:26 PM
There is a fair amount of surface area on these vehicles. If you have FG400, I found I works quite well on this paint and with the right pads finishes down well.

I would suggest looking at the leather master interior leather cleaner. Works well on Porsche-VW-Audi leather. For protection the leather protection creme is good, but I have been using Ultima Interior Trim Guard recently.

Don M
06-03-2015, 08:46 PM
It IS a white Cayenne and only 2 years old, the prices I told him were sight unseen and that they are subject to increase if the car looks like it's going to be a chore

medicscott
06-03-2015, 09:15 PM
I've done 2 and they are big vehicles. The paint doesn't correct easy. I did a white one with XMT360 but needed more cut and it became a P.I.A.
I also used Pinnacle Black Label leather cleaner and conditioner. Came out mint. Wheels are also big and plentiful and depending on the rims could be a hassle also.