PDA

View Full Version : SAP!!! How to get it off...

RJones
09-06-2007, 11:32 AM
I was washing my car today and theres a few huge blogs of sap, one is 1 inch by 1 inch, and the other is 2 inches by 1 inch, and their thick. Any suggestions on how to remove.

richy
09-06-2007, 11:49 AM
There have been multiple posts about it here..use the search function as well..but try isopropyl alcohol and let it sit on it for a bit and it should wipe off..there are commercial products for bug removal that may also work..again..check search..good luck

Jimmie
09-06-2007, 01:26 PM
Stoners Tarminator does a good job. I've taken off a blob that has sat for months. No harm to clear coat.

ScottB
09-06-2007, 04:48 PM
soak with bug squash and they normally pop off with a light wipe while washing.

sparkie
09-06-2007, 06:15 PM
Little Al done a review on SC grime destroyer. She was happy with the product.
Surf City Garage Road Trip Grime Destroyer (http://www.autogeek.net/surf-city-garage-road-trip-grime-destroyer.html)

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-n-shine/8997-surf-city-mini-review-06-cadillac-suv.html

klumzypinoy
09-07-2007, 02:15 AM
I use clay if I'm going to polish or if I want to strip the wax. If I don't wanna strip wax, I use Einszett Insekt Pre Cleaner. It doesn't strip wax.

Thejoyofdriving
09-07-2007, 04:08 PM
Alcohol(isopropyl), it dissolves it right away.

PhaRO
09-08-2007, 12:23 AM
Isopropyl Alcohol is the best I've used. I find 70% or better works best. 50% doesn't seem to cut it as well. I like to put a little bit on a mf towel and then go over the spot. Takes it off almost instantly. I find it works best if towel and surface are dry (except for the alcohol). Seems once the percentage drops too much it doesn't work too well.

Thejoyofdriving
09-08-2007, 02:04 AM
Isopropyl Alcohol is the best I've used. I find 70% or better works best. 50% doesn't seem to cut it as well. I like to put a little bit on a mf towel and then go over the spot. Takes it off almost instantly. I find it works best if towel and surface are dry (except for the alcohol). Seems once the percentage drops too much it doesn't work too well.
:iagree: 1:1 is actually quite mild. I use it full strength.