PDA

View Full Version : Apartment Detailing

drumr_102
06-02-2015, 04:59 PM
Hi everyone!

I've been planning for the last month or so to set up some contracts with apartment complexes. The basic idea is to set up at the front office of the complex and detail the residents' cars all day.

I'm planning on putting flyers on everyone's door there to get the word out and it would explain to go to my website where I'm hoping to integrate an appointment setting form where they could choose the time themselves and see which times have been taken.

The services offered would just be a hand wash ($30), wash with clay and wax($70), and basic interior cleaning($40).

I would like to hear from everyone what you think may be a challenge or good idea with this. I would like to raise prices, but I'm concerned this demographic may not be willing to pay much more (although they will be at high end apartments). I'm also thinking the apartment manager may expect to profit from the agreement or at least have the water and electricity paid for, although I would like to spin it as a service to them for bringing convenience to their residents.

Look forward to hearing from the AGO community!

drumr_102
06-02-2015, 05:07 PM
To add to the pricing issue, I've considered only raising the price of the basic wash to persuade the customer to add the wax. I've also considered not claying the car prior to the wax application. It doesn't seem to add much value to a lot of my customers and I feel like the value will be even less with this system because I won't be as face-to-face with the customer informing them.

Setec Astronomy
06-02-2015, 05:14 PM
I'm also thinking the apartment manager may expect to profit from the agreement or at least have the water and electricity paid for, although I would like to spin it as a service to them for bringing convenience to their residents.

This kind of stuff has come up before, so I'm sure you will get plenty of advice. I honestly don't think that management is going to be very interested in bringing more "convenience" to their residents, since the residents are already resident. So I would expect they are going to extract some sort of fee from you, for allowing you to work on their premises.

RTexasF
06-02-2015, 05:43 PM
Flyers only piss people off. Also, for the majority, you would have to work super early morning or late afternoon or night. Apartment dwellers have to work like everyone else. I see this as total folly.

Office complex? You might be on to something there but you will need all your ducks in a row to make it work.

Riff
06-02-2015, 05:50 PM
99.9% of those people probably have no idea what clay is. I wouldn't waste time with claying.

drumr_102
06-02-2015, 06:10 PM
This kind of stuff has come up before, so I'm sure you will get plenty of advice. I honestly don't think that management is going to be very interested in bringing more "convenience" to their residents, since the residents are already resident. So I would expect they are going to extract some sort of fee from you, for allowing you to work on their premises.

I've searched and searched, but couldn't find anything on it. I agree with the view on management. I know it's a long shot, but I was hoping it could be a point of pride for the complex or something when they are looking to lease. Like an amenity or something.

Flyers only piss people off. Also, for the majority, you would have to work super early morning or late afternoon or night. Apartment dwellers have to work like everyone else. I see this as total folly.

Office complex? You might be on to something there but you will need all your ducks in a row to make it work.

Flyers can get annoying, but also be informational to the right people. If it's a flyer about jewelry I chunk it, but a Chinese Take-Out flyer goes on the fridge for me.

I've considered other people's schedules to be a challenge and possibly doing this on a Saturday. However, most of my appointments currently are during the week in the middle of the day so it may not be an issue.

I do like the idea of detailing at office suites.

99.9% of those people probably have no idea what clay is. I wouldn't waste time with claying.

This is my thought. Waste of time and money if the customer sees no difference.

Bunky
06-03-2015, 10:56 AM

I can see them wanting as little as extra business traffic since one will bring another and then another unless they have some exclusivity.

jarred767
06-05-2015, 09:29 AM
I'm not a huge fan of apartment complex type of work, I'd rather not discount my services to meet what someone on a lower budget might want. It's kind of like advertising on Craigslist IMO. Do you really want to market your services to people who have no idea what clay is?

Is the benefit to you just to get large quantities of work all in one place? Or are you hoping on people becoming customers who might want more? What's the long-term benefit for you of a setup like this?