PDA

View Full Version : Marine 31 coating questions

Jeremy5431
05-31-2015, 12:55 PM
Hey Mike,

I saw another user use the Marine 31 coating on their boat and decided to give it a try as well.. It will be my first time applying a coating, so I have a few questions
1. Can I use all purpose Mf towels after polishing to remove excess polish?
1. Can you apply the coating over the top of vinyl graphics?
2. Can. I use d101 to remove polishing residue? What strength?
3. One of my boats is white and my jetski is blue/black. How can you see how much product you are using and how do you see high spots?
4. Can I use all purpose MF towels to remove excess coating?
5.. After the coating cures, can I apply a liquid was to increase the gloss?

I typically use a waterspot remover after each use will that remove the coating?

Thanks for your help Mike. I really appreciate how helpful thee tire staff at auto geek has been..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pats300zx
05-31-2015, 05:28 PM
Hey Mike,

I saw another user use the Marine 31 coating on their boat and decided to give it a try as well.. It will be my first time applying a coating, so I have a few questions
1. Can I use all purpose Mf towels after polishing to remove excess polish?
1. Can you apply the coating over the top of vinyl graphics?
2. Can. I use d101 to remove polishing residue? What strength?
3. One of my boats is white and my jetski is blue/black. How can you see how much product you are using and how do you see high spots?
4. Can I use all purpose MF towels to remove excess coating?
5.. After the coating cures, can I apply a liquid was to increase the gloss?

I typically use a waterspot remover after each use will that remove the coating?

Thanks for your help Mike. I really appreciate how helpful thee tire staff at auto geek has been..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I can try and answer some questions.

1. I used all purpose MF towels to remove the coating and buff.

2. I applied the coating over the graphics and striping on my Chaparral with no issues.

3. I used an APC at 4:1 to remove any residue and prep for the coating. Just make sure you wipe down again to remove any residue from the APC before the coating.

4. Yes

5. I decided not to top my coating. It looked great and had a ton of gloss.

Hope it helps.