PDA

View Full Version : Birthday Order... Berlina Black S2000 Detailing

Pages : [1] 2

fuelrush
09-06-2007, 02:37 AM
Hello all! First post! Some one here may know me from the s2ki.com forums. Anyway. I'm getting ready to order my stuff for my birthday (the 10th). I wish they would give me the code before hand so I can get the stuff here ON my birthday. I was just hoping you guys could give my order the once over and let me know what you think. Let me know if I'm missing anything. I'm mainly concerned for the outside of the car. I'm missing a couple things I'm sure, but what? I know I need tire shine and carpet cleaner (red carpet) not sure what brand. Also something to make the inside smell good. No fruity smells though. With whats below I'm at 420 subtotal before discounts. I could stand spend more (maybe enough for free shipping?).

Order thus far:
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Drying
The Guzzler Waffle Weave by Cobra 16 x 24 (x3 discount)

Polishing Stuff
Duo Spur Wool & Foam Pad Cleaning Tool
The Edge Dual Action 6 Inch Kit
Porter Cable 7424 Polisher

Polishes
Menzerna Nano PolishPO 106
Menzerna Intensive Polish PO 91E

Sealant
Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant Special (Menzerna Discount)

Wax
Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax

Other
Edge Assorted Foam Detailing Tips 10 Pack (for inside and wax in cracks)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I already have:
2 Grit Guards
2 Buckets
2 Lambswool Mitts (top and bottom)
Mothers Claybar and Quick Detailer
Raggtop Convertible Kit
Lexol Leather Kit
Vynolex
Meguiar'sGold Class Wash
ScratchX
Invisible Glass
Finally 2 huge Craftsman Professional storage cabinets to put all this new stuff in.

alban61
09-06-2007, 03:47 AM
Very nice order, and welcome to AG!!
On your polishes.....maybe substitute Menz Intensive for Menz Super Intensive Polish?
Forum Code for free shipping on $75 and above is..........AGO. So you don't have to try to spend $500 to get free shipping.

fuelrush
09-06-2007, 03:54 AM
I'll probably save more on the birthday code than the free shipping code. If I can figure out why it doesn't discount the entire 10%-15% on the code I have now. I'll probably do the 15% off and spend 500 for free shipping. Only if I get the entire 15%.

klumzypinoy
09-06-2007, 04:06 AM
Check if AGO will save u more than the birthday code. WHy don't you get some Souveran wax instead? :)

fuelrush
09-06-2007, 04:09 AM
Sorry I'm a newbie... I know its a different type of wax. Whats good about it? I'm open to sudgestions. I want my car to shine! Trying to buy the best stuff (within reason). AGO with save me 28 dollars shipping I think. 15% birthday discount on 500 should save me quite a bit more.

DantheMan
09-06-2007, 04:51 AM
The 10-15% codes usually aren't good on buffers/polishers, which would be why you aren't getting a discount on the full amount.. Nice order!

fuelrush
09-06-2007, 08:46 AM
Gotcha! Thats cool. Anyone else want to elaborate on my order?

THENIZZZEIL
09-06-2007, 01:30 PM
get the UDM! i have a pc..but u should try the UDM its supposedly better...get it get it get it =) hehe

while ur at it get some and souveran paste and sig sereis 2 paste

klumzypinoy
09-07-2007, 02:11 AM
Souveran, as its description says, will look great on your Berlina black :). You can't go wrong with either UDM or PC, but if you want to use a 6 inch backing plate or Edge pads, go with the PC.

fuelrush
09-07-2007, 02:21 AM
So which souveran would be best?

Still need the best stuff for tire shine, red carpet, and something to make the inside smell good (not fruity).

Thanks!

klumzypinoy
09-07-2007, 03:47 PM
So which souveran would be best?

Still need the best stuff for tire shine, red carpet, and something to make the inside smell good (not fruity).

Thanks!

I have used Optimum Tire Shine just an hour ago...and I love it. I sprayed it on a Meguiar's yellow applicator pad I got from Kragen's, and applied it like that. Just applied it on all the tires with lots of coats since it's the first application, and wiped off a few minutes after. It's really easy to use, I'm not a fan of gels.

For your Berlina Black, Souveran Paste. It is expensive but many on AG say it's worth it. I have Signature Series II and it's a joy to apply. It's meant for metallic paints though. I bet Souveran paste would blow me away.

fuelrush
09-07-2007, 11:49 PM
Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax it is then.

Any more opinions on tire shine and the other things I'm looking for... my birthday's in two days!

dontsleeponit
09-08-2007, 12:19 AM
try the surf city garage tire shine, you can see it in my show and shine I just posted, and alot of people have been using it and like it.

I also like Mothers FX

fuelrush
09-09-2007, 02:50 AM
Bump last day for help... DP Tire Gel is a possiblity... Hope I don't forget something. I can't wait to get to detailing.

fuelrush
09-09-2007, 03:17 AM
I guess this is a better deal than buying the Souvern Kit and Wolfgangs Deep Gloss Paint Sealant alone correct? Or is this different sizes? Also the towels are different. For the same price it looks like I get detail spray and paintwork polish enhancer what ever that is.
Finally, a kit combining the best of both worlds--taking your vehicle to the highest achievable level of excellence- Pinnacle - Wolfgang Souveran Kit (http://www.autogeek.net/wg8001.html)

What would be the advantage of having all 3 Menzerna polishes?

Super Intensive Polish
Intensive Polish
and the nano polish?

I was told IP and nano... and also told SIP and Nano? Not sure what to do here....