PDA

View Full Version : Which quick detailed on CQuartz Finest?

Pages : [1] 2

bobbydigital
05-30-2015, 11:14 AM
I swear I've tried searching but couldn't find this info:

What QD do people recommend on top of Cquartz Finest?

Reload seems to be a spray sealant, which is great but not the same as a QD.

For QD, I'm looking for something to clean spots off or just give is a quick refresh shine without a full wash.

Would diluted ONR be good or something else?

Ebg18t
05-30-2015, 11:27 AM
I swear I've tried searching but couldn't find this info:

What QD do people recommend on top of Cquartz Finest?

Reload seems to be a spray sealant, which is great but not the same as a QD.

For QD, I'm looking for something to clean spots off or just give is a quick refresh shine without a full wash.

Would diluted ONR be good or something else?

Several folks I have spoken to use Ultima waterless wash concentrate. On my CQUK I use IUDJ

FUNX650
05-30-2015, 12:36 PM
IMO:
•Shouldn't need a QD for a 'Coating' like CQ-Finest...
at the least for around two years or so:
-It's supposed to be so hydrophobic...it's "self-cleaning!

•How so?...one may ask
-It alleges to add around 2-3nm of a "glass tough" and
glossy film/layer, which not only protects the surface
beneath...but also resists dirt, brake dust, bugs,
bird bombs, and other contaminates...
for a minimum of two years.

•If it was me:
-I wouldn't want to put any kind of "topper" on CQ-Finest
(or any other 'Coating' for that matter): I want a Coating's
characteristics to be the ones that are manifested.

•With that in mind:
That's why I would opt for Meguiar's D114 as the
substitute for any type of "topper" for a 'Coating':
"as it leaves nothing behind"!!

Bob

bobbydigital
05-30-2015, 04:05 PM
IMO:

That's why I would opt for Meguiar's D114 as the
substitute for any type of "topper" for a 'Coating':
"as it leaves nothing behind"!!

Thanks Bob, makes total sense. I already have a bottle of ONR, so would that be equivalent to D114 for this purpose?

swexlin
05-30-2015, 05:58 PM
Following this as well, as I just had my Viper done with CQ Finest. I uses used both Adams Waterless, and Megs 34 on it, and seemed to have good results with both. I really like Megs 34 for a lot of things, but not too many seem to use it?

rms64
05-30-2015, 06:08 PM
Following this as well, as I just had my Viper done with CQ Finest. I uses used both Adams Waterless, and Megs 34 on it, and seemed to have good results with both. I really like Megs 34 for a lot of things, but not too many seem to use it?

34 is pretty old school, but I use it a lot and still love it Smells great too! :xyxthumbs:

FUNX650
05-30-2015, 06:09 PM
Thanks Bob, makes total sense. I already have a bottle of ONR, so would that be equivalent to D114 for this purpose?
No...Not in my opinion.
ONR "leaves something behind".

Bob

fly07sti
05-30-2015, 06:37 PM
+1 on D114. That product still amazes me. Wish I discovered much sooner.

Ebg18t
05-30-2015, 06:38 PM
The residue left behind by regular ONR (blue one) is minimal. If you had the ONR w/wax (green one) that would be a different story.

After you use it up switch to something different.

AutowerxDetailing
05-30-2015, 06:46 PM
Any QD or spray wax type product that leaves any sort of "protection" behind will alter the hydrophobic properties of the surface and *potentially* reduce the anti-static and dirt/dust repellent properties of the coating.

The amount to which the coated surface is positively or negatively affected by certain toppers can be debated until the end of time. I use ONR regularly on coated vehicles (including my own) with no appreciable negative side effects. I've also used D156 and not noticed anything other than perhaps slightly more dust accumulation.

Another option for "just dusty" coated vehicles is to blast off light dirt & dust with a strong stream of water and then dry with Reload diluted 50/50 and a plush, damp MF towel. If heavy traffic film is not present the dirt and dust will be 99% removed and Reload will provide an extra layer of glossy protection to the surface (as well as add extra slickness).

If the vehicle is driven frequently (and regularly accumulates traffic film) it should be washed as recommended by your CQF installer depending on your geographical location, climate, driving habits, etc.

swexlin
05-31-2015, 09:08 AM
Thank you, still learning here.

Avi@CarPro
05-31-2015, 10:51 AM
No need anything after , just good shampoo cleaning as our Reset shampoo, for spots cleaning i would suggest simply the Eraser spray, spray and wipe , good for removing light dust, birds drop (clean them while its fresh) or insects marks.

silverfox
05-31-2015, 03:00 PM
No need to put anything on top of a coating? Sacrilege on this forum...!!!!...seriously though...you're spot on.

Rsurfer
05-31-2015, 03:06 PM
No need anything after , just good shampoo cleaning as our Reset shampoo, for spots cleaning i would suggest simply the Eraser spray, spray and wipe , good for removing light dust, birds drop (clean them while its fresh) or insects marks.

Is Eraser a good QD to remove dust on the entire car that has not been coated? Love the smell and the ease of wiping. Also do you recommend cutting Eraser?

richy
05-31-2015, 11:08 PM
After washing, I usually use ONR to make sure I don't get any water spots and I like the slickness. I've also used Aquawax and UWW. I don't give a damn that I "don't have to" or "shouldn't need to". I like to, therefore I do. I've had CQF on for 2 years and have had different coatings before then. I've been playing with coatings for more than 5 years now.