PDA

View Full Version : Inside door handles

LSNAutoDetailing
05-30-2015, 11:08 AM
The most scratches are in door handle cutouts... Caused by fingernails.

How do you folks get these out?

Riff
05-30-2015, 11:21 AM
I used Meguiars Ultimate Polish on a hex hand applicator. I jammed it under the handle and scrubbed back and forth and up and down.

Took about 10-15 minutes each.

Paul A.
05-30-2015, 11:45 AM
Much like Riff, I use an old paint stick, a cut piece of an old, now retired orange LC pad wrapped in a MF towel. Depending on the level of marring and the paint hardness/softness, i alter my polish product accordingly. This technique helps me get into the area and not cut too hard. I say that but i will admit to breaking the paint stick at times due to exerted pressure!

I will also admit...it's a "one step" effort for me. Trust me, it WILL get all scratched up again! Plus, like Riff said, it doesn't take too long to clean up.

dcjredline
05-30-2015, 09:34 PM
I use a compound or polish and a MF towel wrapped around my finger tip and scrub away! Usually works great

Mask
05-30-2015, 10:32 PM
I use a compound or polish and a MF towel wrapped around my finger tip and scrub away! Usually works great

This ^^

GenesisCoupe
05-30-2015, 10:37 PM
If i have an old pad (LC Orange usually) i will cut it up into pieces and use it there. works like a charm.

Don M
05-31-2015, 05:51 AM

Same here, and I noticed that if you continue in those areas and also make sure you apply a good LSP there the scratches don't come back as quickly...or maybe it's just because I've learned not to let my nails rub against that area when I open the door ;)

Calendyr
05-31-2015, 06:55 AM
Magic eracer will remove most of it in seconds. Then just use polish on a hand applicator to finish it up.

LSNAutoDetailing
06-02-2015, 06:46 PM
Ask and you shall receive! Again, Mike Phillips comes through.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMsNg1iCoTU
"How to buff out concave and concave panels by machine". In this demo he uses a Porsche 911 and shows how to get inside the door handles.

Heartsoulauto
09-30-2016, 11:31 PM
easy stuff check it out

Fixing auto door handle scratches (http://www.heartsoulauto.com/fixing-auto-door-handle-scratches/)

AZpolisher15
10-01-2016, 01:32 AM
M21 is a great sealer that masks these light scratches pretty well. Even when I'm applying a different LSP to entire vehicles, I'll often go in with M21 under the door handles only. One of those little time savers when I don't want to dedicate the extra time that polishing requires.

Bunky
10-01-2016, 04:46 AM
M105 and M205 for me by hand.

GSKR
10-01-2016, 06:30 AM
The most scratches are in door handle cutouts... Caused by fingernails.

How do you folks get these out?
What I do is take care of that in the prep phase.A little apc with a boars hair tooth brush gone.Now on white trashed cars index finger with a light cutting polish then rinse.Or the Ibrid .

LSNAutoDetailing
10-01-2016, 06:52 AM
Wow, this is a post from the past. Nice updates though. I've resigned to the fact that it has to be done with the iBird mini.
There is just no way to get the amount of rotation or energy by hand to get into the door handles like ithe iBird... but at $$$.00 for the iBird, we make a best effort by hand.

Perhaps in the new spending year 2017, the operations budget manager will consult with the CFO, who will consult with lower management, who will then consult with accounts payable and may grant me the purchase of a iBird. Wow I have a lot of consulting to do with myself! :)

shadwell
10-01-2016, 04:16 PM
Scholl s3 and a MF cloth.. Rub hard.. Repeat.. Easy...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk