PDA

View Full Version : should i worry about hazing??

dbrufus1234
09-05-2007, 10:42 PM
ive been looking around here lately and have decided to get me a 7424, some pads, and XMT 2,1 (maybe 3), but i question is should i be worrying about hazing/marring while i polish?? would i be doin more harm than good if it did haze up??

klumzypinoy
09-05-2007, 10:55 PM
You will get hazing/micromarring if you don't let the polish break down correctly. Also, if you use something aggressive like XMT 3 and orange pad, you will have some micro marring that you will have to follow up with XMT 1 and white pad. After that, swirl free :) unless you have DEEP scratches...but don't fret over the deep ones because you might do more harm than good if you try to take the very deep ones out.

Jimmie
09-05-2007, 11:44 PM
You won't be sorry getting a PC. Hazing isn't a product of any harm to the clear coat. You just need another pass with a finishing polish (XMT1) to remove it.

klumzypinoy
09-06-2007, 01:54 AM
You won't be sorry getting a PC. Hazing isn't a product of any harm to the clear coat. You just need another pass with a finishing polish (XMT1) to remove it.

What he says :D you won't regret the Porter Cable or UDM!

dbrufus1234
09-06-2007, 07:21 AM
iight well it looks like ill be placing an order pretty soon, i cant wait to get all my swirls out, hopefully haha

klumzypinoy
09-06-2007, 03:36 PM
With practice you will get them all out! I have been watching the videos on AUtogeek and also on this site Paintcare & Detailing - Enthusiasts guide to detailing (http://paintcare-n-detailing.com/) just check out the videos. They include the videos on AG so might as well just check that site out :p

TOGWT
09-11-2007, 03:32 AM
Too deep to attempt removal (compromising the clear coat thickness) 0.4 Mil or in plain English :) if you can 'catch' your fingernail in the scratch