PDA

View Full Version : Removing paint scrapes from OEM bedliner

nland22
05-29-2015, 06:39 PM
Hello all,

First let me say this forum is such an awesome resource. I just made my first autogeek purchase! Excited to get the truck cleaned up.

Anyway, the truck is my everyday vehicle so I know it won't be showroom condition, but I wondered if I could remove these. I think it's important to note that the bedliner is a spray in bedliner and is rough to the touch. Thanks!

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/05/29/6ce773882cd7492e7e2bd69713eff410.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rms64
05-29-2015, 07:23 PM
Welcome to the forum...

Disclaimer: I have no experience with something like this, so take the following for what it's worth, which is likely not so much.

If it's paint on the liner, maybe try a Mr. Clean magic eraser with an APC for starters. This may or may not work.

Beyond that, hopefully others with relevant experience will chime in. Good luck!

Ebg18t
05-29-2015, 07:34 PM
Maybe an APC with brush?

Mantilgh
05-29-2015, 07:55 PM
I wonder if a trim dressing or restorer would mask the scratches if it is not scratched completely through. Something that darkens but doesn't leave a slick or greasy surface.

medicscott
05-29-2015, 08:24 PM
Try a test spot of UTTG or Solution Finish. Should mask it.

MPBGT
05-30-2015, 06:22 AM
If your using the truck as a truck I would not worry about it because you will get more. The best solution I have found for spray in or roll in bedliners is to get one of those heavy custom fit rubber mats that covers the bottom of the bed. That way you can slide stuff around.

Also I used to pressure wash and clean out the bed and spray it down with 303 ap. you can use anything you like to protect it, just make sure it has uv protection and is not super slick. I suggest a spray so you can get an even coat on the texture of the bed liner.

gibson24
05-30-2015, 09:45 AM
I would have the bed professionally resprayed with Rhino Liner if possible

Helltopay
05-30-2015, 02:07 PM
From looking at the picture, it appears as if your bedliner is a Line-X. Rhinoliner sells a product called Rhinoshine Ultimate. Rhinoshine is a thin liner-colored liquid that you rub or paint over your existing Rhinoliner. It restores the liner to like-new appearance. Before using it I was concerned that it would make the liner slick or would peel over time. Neither have happened. In fact, it is almost as if "soaks" into the liner. It fades over time just like the liner but lasts usually about three years. One bottle will coat a bedliner about twice, depending on how heavy you put it on. I am not sure if it would work for you or if Line-X sells a similar product. Below is a picture of my 10-year-old bedliner. It rained earlier so if you look close you can see some water; however, most of what you see is dry.

gibson24
05-30-2015, 09:22 PM
Rhino Liner is for sure a tough product. Can't go wrong with it

nland22
05-31-2015, 09:32 AM
From looking at the picture, it appears as if your bedliner is a Line-X. Rhinoliner sells a product called Rhinoshine Ultimate. Rhinoshine is a thin liner-colored liquid that you rub or paint over your existing Rhinoliner. It restores the liner to like-new appearance. Before using it I was concerned that it would make the liner slick or would peel over time. Neither have happened. In fact, it is almost as if "soaks" into the liner. It fades over time just like the liner but lasts usually about three years. One bottle will coat a bedliner about twice, depending on how heavy you put it on. I am not sure if it would work for you or if Line-X sells a similar product. Below is a picture of my 10-year-old bedliner. It rained earlier so if you look close you can see some water; however, most of what you see is dry.

Awesome thanks for the tip. I will look into it. I know the bed isn't rhino, but it is Dodge's version of it, the liner is tough on not concerned about it peeling or flaking at the moment. Your bedliner looks brand new! Definitely worth a try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MPBGT
05-31-2015, 09:40 AM

I've never seen that product. The bed looks awesome. I'll have to try some out