PDA

View Full Version : Best wax for White car

Pages : [1] 2

mesmeral
05-29-2015, 09:26 AM
Hi all,

Any advise on what is the best wax for white cars?

Something that will make the color "pop".

Thank you!

Zubair
05-29-2015, 09:58 AM
The same wax that makes any other colour pop.

Goin Rogue
05-29-2015, 10:07 AM
I have a pearl white SUV and use 845.

BitterGreg
05-29-2015, 10:18 AM
From my experience, 2 thin layers of a good sealant really makes it pop. With white you are not going to get much depth compared to darker colors, but the paint sealant will make it so bright you need to wear sunglasses around it.

I will through a coat of 845 or Americana for therapy reasons, but do not see much difference in visual results.

Jaretr1
05-29-2015, 10:21 AM
Let us all know if you can get White to pop! I have two white cars, one single stage and one clear coat, and they are shiny, but dont"pop".

Most people say synthetic sealants are better on white...not sure it matters. Its all in the prep for the most gloss.

SATracker
05-29-2015, 10:55 AM
From what I have learned over the years, what makes a car "pop" is the preparation before the wax: properly washed, Iron-X, clayed, and appropriately polished.
I don't know that any one wax has been scientifically designed specifically for white paint, it comes down to personal preference. To me that's the fun, although expensive, part. See what the detailers recommend and buy a couple to see which you prefer...and then post your observations.

mesmeral
05-29-2015, 11:02 AM
Thanks for all the suggestions guys! Actually just bought the blackfire midnight sun wax to give it a shot. Highly addictive this experiment, went as far as using different waxes on different parts of the car just to see which is the best.

Mask
05-29-2015, 11:05 AM
I had tested ironx (decon) alone will make the paint shine.
Polishing will make the paint shiner.
wax,sealant or coating doesn't make any difference for me.
Maybe I have bad eyes :D

FUNX650
05-29-2015, 11:10 AM
If you get the chance...Try some of:
FinishKare's 1000P Hi-Temp Paste Wax.

Bob

KBsToy
05-29-2015, 11:57 AM
From what I have learned over the years, what makes a car "pop" is the preparation before the wax: properly washed, Iron-X, clayed, and appropriately polished.
I don't know that any one wax has been scientifically designed specifically for white paint, it comes down to personal preference. To me that's the fun, although expensive, part. See what the detailers recommend and buy a couple to see which you prefer...and then post your observations.

PREP, PREP, PREP and PREP this is from a owner of a Arctic White corvette. As stated above this is what I have done. I used Menzerna CL as a sealant

medicscott
05-29-2015, 12:05 PM
Like everyone has said prep is your best friend. But I've done my own experiments and found Souveran Wax to be amazing on white paint. I did a white Porsche about 4 weeks ago that came out beyond mint. It's on Pinnacle's FB site.

Swift
05-29-2015, 01:15 PM
If you get the chance...Try some of:
FinishKare's 1000P Hi-Temp Paste Wax.

Bob

You seem to fan of finish kare products. Any information about them is hard to find, I have used 2180, bit of looks, durability is questionable.

The Guz
05-29-2015, 02:34 PM
Here's something new.

Liquid Gloss Poly Wax - New Synthetic Wax! (http://www.autopia.org/forums/griot-s-garage/181248-liquid-gloss-poly-wax-synthetic-wax.html)

FUNX650
05-29-2015, 05:02 PM
You seem to fan of finish kare products.

Really? Is that what it seems? :)
Don't leave out: Meguiar's, 3M, Mothers, etc.

•The OP asked for a "best Wax" for a White vehicle.
-I suggested FK1000P...because it always worked
nicely for me.

Any information about them is hard to find, I have used 2180, bit of looks, durability is questionable.
Really?
Says who? :)

Bob

Kamakaz1961
05-29-2015, 05:23 PM
Like everyone has said prep is your best friend. But I've done my own experiments and found Souveran Wax to be amazing on white paint. I did a white Porsche about 4 weeks ago that came out beyond mint. It's on Pinnacle's FB site.

:dblthumb2:
Agreed! I have a picture of a White Range Rover in the same post.

Pinnacle Liquid Wax. The Paste I did not use, however, I did on a black car which is not the color you are looking at.