PDA

View Full Version : Hello from a newbie hoping to step up my game!

CamTech
05-29-2015, 12:18 AM
Hello everyone, just formally saying hello to you guys from Indiana, and I'm glad I found you here. I have been enjoying keeping my cars shiny and clean for many years now but there is so much to know and learn I decided to join and expand my horizons somewhat.

I'm an amatuer for sure, with cheap cloths and over the counter cleaners, clays, polishes and waxes but have a decent understanding of what does what. Newer to me are sealers and the new coatings and I have joined to learn more there specifically. Never used a power tool to do anything, by hand only so far anyway. I do not have the luxury of a garage sadly so my results are ruined all too quickly but hey, it looks great while it lasts!

Owned many vehicles in many colors, 20 years ago I purchased my first black car, an SHO Taurus which I still remember doing a paint fix on due to someone never caring for the paint before me. Cleaner, Polish, wax and so much work, but my results amazed everyone that saw it before and after. I was hooked, and I learned to hate black due to constant maintaining it requires lol!

Getting a new car tomorrow for my wife, first white car in years. (Her current car is black, I was weak during purchase lol but for the 12 or 13 minutes it's clean it is amazing) Honda white orchid pearl and I want to try a coating quickly on it. Also have a bright red Abarth which is fun to clean and really can show some shine so hoping to make it looke even better with knowledge from here.

That's my basics, I'll be asking questions and reading a ton here I'm sure, thanks!

Paul A.
05-29-2015, 07:59 AM
Welcome CamTech! Sounds like you're coming in ahead of the curve!

GS2011
05-29-2015, 08:03 AM
:welcome:

CamTech
05-29-2015, 01:49 PM
Thanks all, its appreciated.

Kamakaz1961
05-29-2015, 01:56 PM
Welcome to AGO!! You will learn a lot from this site!! So much so you may have to actually choose the stuff that fits your needs!! You will enjoy this site!!

trekkeruss
05-29-2015, 02:40 PM
Welcome ... and be prepared to spend a lot of money. :laughing:

CamTech
05-29-2015, 06:19 PM
Ha, I am. I'm already needing a full shelf in my storage area and I can see this is only going to get worse! Now this is by no means great work, but I'm attaching a bad cell phone photo showing my basic results with my Meguiars NXT sealant which I thought was wax until I read on here..... (it is called NXT 2.0 Tech Wax after all) Anyways as I know more I'm sure this will be improved.

http://1drv.ms/1SHBC1z

I'd not reached the tires and rims yet, please don't judge! :)

Don M
05-30-2015, 07:00 AM
http://1drv.ms/1SHBC1z

I'd not reached the tires and rims yet, please don't judge! :)

Then here is your first lesson ... always start with wheels and tires, that way you don't accidentally splash cleaners and gunk over your perfected paint and have to undo the damage.

Car looks good BTW. :props:

TFTADetail
05-30-2015, 08:13 AM
Welcome!

whavens
05-30-2015, 09:56 AM
Welcome, what part of Indiana are you from? I am in Jeffersonville, in south central Indiana. Right across the river from Louisville.

Walter

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

CamTech
05-30-2015, 07:22 PM
I'm up near Bloomington/Bedford but am very familiar with Jeffersonville as my employer has several locations down there. I have to travel there pretty often along with a ton of other locations in a five state area, neat to see others in the area on here and thanks for the welcome all!

@Don M - Yes, I need to learn to do the tires first, I know better but still manage to forget almost every time it seems. I'll get that correct one day!

Don M
05-31-2015, 05:12 AM
I'm up near Bloomington ...
I was born in Bloomington Ind.

@Don M - Yes, I need to learn to do the tires first, I know better but still manage to forget almost every time it seems. I'll get that correct one day!
No worries, we all forget stuff from time to time.

:props:

Pats300zx
05-31-2015, 06:35 AM
Welcome to AGO !!!