PDA

View Full Version : My first "detail"

Gti207
05-28-2015, 06:33 PM
Hey everybody, I'm just getting into things and from reading these forums I bought some products to try out this weekend. I drive a 2013 Carbon Steel Grey VW Gti with 15k on the clock. Up to this point the car has only had the occasional big name spray on wax and has been washed at a local hand car wash or with meguires ultimate wash and wax spray.Looking closely at the paint under a bright xenon light I am hard pressed to find swirls. I picked up some: Iron-X, Mothers Gold Clay Bar Kit, Blackfire Gloss Enhnacing Polish, and BFWD Sealant. I plan on washing the car with the Iron-x (the smell knocked my socks off), taking it to the hand wash car wash for a good wash (we have hard water), claying, applying the BF gloss enhancing polish, and finally the sealant. Any thoughts/suggestions as to something that doesn't sound right or any step I should add? Thanks in advance for reading.

-Nick

jimbob
05-28-2015, 07:29 PM
Is this iron x the shampoo or the spray product?

I'm not sure of the shampoo's iron removing capabilities if you're using it for that purpose?

Maybe someone can chime in on that

Gti207
05-28-2015, 07:41 PM
Is this iron x the shampoo or the spray product?

I'm not sure of the shampoo's iron removing capabilities if you're using it for that purpose?

Maybe someone can chime in on that

It's the spray

dcjredline
05-28-2015, 11:56 PM
I would wait till at the car wash... unless you are going to rinse it down THEN drive to car wash. Dont want it to dry on the car.

ski2
05-29-2015, 06:25 AM
Wash the car first, then apply IronX, then heavy rinse afterwards--then clay.