PDA

View Full Version : Best way to use Goo Gone to remove....

Lexi65
05-28-2015, 05:57 PM
glue residue from City Sticker and not mess up windshield
and dashboard?

Paul A.
05-28-2015, 07:23 PM
Lay something on your dash to protect any fallout. Then i poke my finger into a well used MF towel and only get the Goo Gone/Goof Off onto my finger portion of the towel. I don't soak the MF towel first, because you don't need that much and second, to avoid any drips.

That stuff works pretty good for me but any last remnants remaining get some glass cleaner and 0000 steel wool.

Like it was never there! Good luck and it's easy.

Desertnate
05-29-2015, 07:19 AM
I prefer Goo Gone since it's a little less harsh. I don't think either will mess up the glass on the windshield, but I'd keep it off the dash for sure.

In addition to the advice from Puckman, you might look at using a razor blade or a decal/glass scraper (easily found at a hardware store) to get the decal and all of the heavy adhesive deposits off. Once the major gunk is gone, go after it with the solvent and the mf towel.

Evan.J
05-29-2015, 09:06 AM
When I tint windows I will use a Stainless Steel razor blade to remove stickers and adhesive from the glass.

kevin_1981
05-29-2015, 02:22 PM
I spray glass cleaner on the residue, then scrape with a razor blade. Works well. Never noticed scratches or anything on the glass