PDA

View Full Version : Duragloss Environshield Squeaky Clean question

ymc226
05-28-2015, 03:13 PM
Very new to detailing, just bought a Porta Cable and did my black 2007 Porsche which had swirl marks with great results using:

1. wash and dry using DG CCW
2. clay using Blackfire
3. DG Swirl Remover (followed Mike Phillips technique with 6 passes)
4. DG Squeaky Clean
5. IPA wipe down as the SC left some flakes
6. Nanoglass coat x 2 24 hours apart

My question is when applying the Squeaky Clean, can I just apply it with one pass and then buff off after it hazes over or do I need to do the 6 pass "polish"? It's a lot more work but since I'm committed, I'll do it if it improves the prep.

jmsc
05-28-2015, 03:45 PM
DG SQC is a very good paint cleaner. I would have done it as step 3, i.e. clean the paint before correcting it.

Do 1 pass. If pad is clean you are done. If pad shows dirt change to a clean pad and do a 2nd pass with SQC to show that all oxidation has been removed.

ymc226
05-28-2015, 03:54 PM
Thanks for the info. I have 4 more cars to do this summer as they vary from 5 - 10 years old and have never had any paint correction but lots of machine car washes.

Setec Astronomy
05-28-2015, 04:09 PM
You did the steps in the right order. The SQ is not doing anything but a prep step for the coating, so you just need to work it in well, if that's 6 passes--I'm not sure what you mean by "Mike Phillips technique with 6 passes".

ymc226
05-28-2015, 05:57 PM
-I'm not sure what you mean by "Mike Phillips technique with 6 passes".

http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/autopia/buffing-pattern.jpg