PDA

View Full Version : Motorcycle detailing

alphacharlie65
05-27-2015, 05:07 PM
I am wanting to really push motorcycle detailing in my business. What other products and equipment would be beneficial to own. Wanting to do Harleys and crotch rockets.

Ebg18t
05-27-2015, 07:11 PM
Patience.

I found detailing my Duc's tedious.

eaglefan
05-27-2015, 07:40 PM
A lift will be your best friend. It will be the best money spend if you want to do Harleys, I have no experience with other bikes. And like Ebg said, patience. It takes a lot of time to do a harley, A LOT. Be familiar with the removal of bags, side covers and headlight cover for some. You would think it would take less time to do a Harley than a car but sometimes that is not the case. Lots of very tedious little things to do on them. Once done, its a pleasure to stand back and look at Harley.

Calendyr
05-28-2015, 04:13 AM
When I started I read several times that bikes where a bad business because they take as long as a car to do (sometimes longer) but owners are not willing to spend the money for the amount of time it takes.

If I were you I would talk to detailers who do bikes and see what kind of fee they are able to charge and then decide if it's Worth your time or not.

DZ302
05-28-2015, 04:32 AM
I use a lift and end up taking half the bike apart to do it correctly due yo all of the tight spots you simple can't get too unless its taken off the bike. I can do a full size pickup faster than a bike...Allot of time and wrenching in order to do it right and really not worth pushing that line of detailing in my humble opinion....