PDA

View Full Version : New Black Vehicle

Bcicco174
05-26-2015, 06:35 PM
Sorry if this question has been asked before but I couldn't find it. I ordered a brand new 2015 F150 color black and it should be arriving in the next week or so, my question is should I immediately use a sealant or a product like collinite to get a good coat on the truck or does anyone have any suggestions, also should I use a DA polisher or apply by hand on the new less than 30 day old paint. Thanks for the help

swanicyouth
05-26-2015, 07:59 PM
Sorry if this question has been asked before but I couldn't find it. I ordered a brand new 2015 F150 color black and it should be arriving in the next week or so, my question is should I immediately use a sealant or a product like collinite to get a good coat on the truck or does anyone have any suggestions, also should I use a DA polisher or apply by hand on the new less than 30 day old paint. Thanks for the help

The paint is cured from the factory - no need to wait to do anything.

The correct procedure IME is: wash, IronX, clay, inspect finish (+/- polishing) -> prolly at least some type of paint cleaner, wax/seal.

It doesn't matter if you use a DA to apply wax or not, as long as you use it correctly.

Rsurfer
05-26-2015, 08:03 PM

Don't let the dealer wash it, especially black unless you want some DISO (dealer installed swirl option).

medicscott
05-26-2015, 08:09 PM
Don't let the dealer wash it, especially black unless you want some DISO (dealer installed swirl option).

Best advice you'll ever be given!:iagree:

Desertnate
05-27-2015, 07:55 AM
For a vehicle as big as a truck, I'd use a DA to apply any wax/sealant. You can do it by hand, but it will take far longer to get a good even application across the entire vehicle.

Since your vehicle is black, you'll need a DA eventually anyway. You'll either be polishing out the swirls from the factory and dealer, or you'll be polishing out the defects which come from life as a black painted daily driver. Trust me. I own a black car. It will happen eventually.

aim4squirrels
05-27-2015, 09:18 AM
Welcome to your new full time job. Keeping a black car clean.

I usually work the night shift.

Jaretr1
05-27-2015, 10:07 AM
Welcome to your new full time job. Keeping a black car clean.

I usually work the night shift.

The reason I will never own black. Looks awesome right after you wash and detail it. A few minutes later, no so much :)

ResQRy
05-27-2015, 10:15 AM
Congrats on the new truck. Be sure to post a pic when you get it. I 100 percent agree with telling the dealership to not wash it. In fact, I have asked for them to leave the protective plastic on the vehicle so that I can remove it myself. Once delivered, just evaluate the paint condition and go from there.