After much research, I bought some Klasse AIO and SG

I have a few questions:

Firstly - the proper complete steps are as follows:

Wash
Clay bar
Wash
Klasse AIO
Klasse SG - and wait 8-12 hrs between layering
Secondly, how long between applying AIO should I wait to apply the SG? after I wipe the AIO off, can I go right to the SG or should I wait an hour? or the next day?

Thirdy, I plan on layering the SG ATLEAST twice, if not 3 times... waiting 8-12 hours between applications. I then want to apply a wax overtop of the SG.
I bought this spray wax: Optimum Car Wax is a spray wax made with real carnauba and synthetic paint sealants for protection & shine! high-grade carnauba wax and silicone (http://www.autogeek.net/optimum-spray-wax.html)
as It looked like a good product and has UV-protection.
To layer this ontop of the SG, I should wait 8-12 hours after my last application of SG, and THEN apply this spray wax correct? Nothing in this spray wax will remove or effect the SG in a bad way?

Thank you!
I will post pictures once I complete this task... hopefully this weekend pending the weather!

swanicyouth
05-26-2015, 01:34 PM
Will you be using a machine polisher?

aim4squirrels
05-26-2015, 01:44 PM
The optimum spray wax doesn't always play nice with black. I think you'll be more than happy with 3 coats of KSG by itself.

No need to wait after the AIO, just get after it.

The AIO will do its best work when applied by machine. That seems to work the cleaners in the best.

AIO is an easy removal, but the KSG is not if you over apply.

The Guz
05-26-2015, 02:01 PM
With KSG I would stick with Sonus Acrylic spritz and/or acrylic glanz.

Desertnate
05-26-2015, 02:12 PM
With KSG I would stick with Sonus Acrylic spritz and/or acrylic glanz.

I would say, stick with the Spritz. I was never too impressed with the Glanz. It may have improved the lifespan of the SG, but I was never impressed by the shine.

I'm not sure if you'll gain anything from more than two layers of SG. Two layers look great and will ensure you're properly covered all the surfaces of the vehicle.

tedj101
05-26-2015, 02:14 PM
I have a 2008 BMW 3 series with the notorious "Jet Black"

After much research, I bought some Klasse AIO and SG

I have a few questions:

Wash
Clay bar
Wash
Klasse AIO
Secondly, how long between applying AIO should I wait to apply the SG? after I wipe the AIO off, can I go right to the SG or should I wait an hour? or the next day?

Thirdy, I plan on layering the SG ATLEAST twice, if not 3 times... waiting 8-12 hours between applications. I then want to apply a wax overtop of the SG.
I bought this spray wax: Optimum Car Wax is a spray wax made with real carnauba and synthetic paint sealants for protection & shine! high-grade carnauba wax and silicone (http://www.autogeek.net/optimum-spray-wax.html)
To layer this ontop of the SG, I should wait 8-12 hours after my last application of SG, and THEN apply this spray wax correct? Nothing in this spray wax will remove or effect the SG in a bad way?

Thank you!
I will post pictures once I complete this task... hopefully this weekend pending the weather!

While it is not the only way to do it, many people who use the Klasse products have found that it is easier to apply the sealant from a spray bottle and to dampen the applicator before starting and periodically during application (I recommend a microfiber applicator, though others use other types successfully). If you can't find these directions on here, send me a PM and I'll PM you the method when I am at home and have them handy.

Regards,
<TED>

FUNX650
05-26-2015, 02:32 PM

Wash
Clay bar
Wash
Klasse AIO

•I disagree with the above being the proper complete
steps for my "Klasse Twins" processes. For example:
-I don't re-wash after claying
-I don't waste my time and efforts
trying to "layer" K-HGSG.

Klasse AIO doesn't require a waiting period,
before the application of Klasse HGSG.

Thirdy, I plan on layering the SG ATLEAST twice, if not 3 times... waiting 8-12 hours between applications.
Why do you think that K-HGSG can actually be layered...ie:
That an actual film-building process will/can occur?

I then want to apply a wax overtop of the SG.
When I go through the "Klasse Twins" processes...
I sure do not want to have a Wax's characteristics, instead
of those of the K-HGSG's, as the featured LSP-marque.

Yes: OCW is an excellent Spray Wax!

To layer this ontop of the SG, I should wait 8-12 hours after my last application of SG, and THEN apply this spray wax correct? Nothing in this spray wax will remove or effect the SG in a bad way
I'd perform only one K-HGSG application; and then not
apply any other LSP until after the K-HGSG loses its luster.

But that's just me.
Your processes may differ.

Bob

HUMP DIESEL
05-26-2015, 02:37 PM
THIS^^^

It is a great system in and of itself. Dont mess it up by adding to it or overcomplicating it.

HUMP

Allblackbimmer
05-27-2015, 07:02 AM
Will you be using a machine polisher?

No, I will be doing this by hand.

Allblackbimmer
05-27-2015, 07:05 AM
I'd perform only one K-HGSG application; and then not
apply any other LSP until after the K-HGSG loses its luster.

But that's just me.
Your processes may differ.

Bob

I did wonder about the re-wash after claying the car... since in theory, the AIO is kind of like a pre-wax/sealant cleaner in itself.

And, I want to layer the SG at least twice just to make sure I get 100% coverage. From my few tests with it (I got a Carbon fiber spoiler that I used it on to protect it - which I just installed memorial day weekend), the SG goes on very thin (as recommended) and it is hard to see the areas that are and aren't covered.

I just want to layer it to make sure I don't miss any spots. It also says right in the directions that the SG can be layer as much as you want, as long as I want the 8-12 hours between applications for proper bonding. I will more likely wait 24 hours, as I will just do the SG layering over a 2 day period.

Allblackbimmer
05-27-2015, 07:09 AM
While it is not the only way to do it, many people who use the Klasse products have found that it is easier to apply the sealant from a spray bottle and to dampen the applicator before starting and periodically during application (I recommend a microfiber applicator, though others use other types successfully). If you can't find these directions on here, send me a PM and I'll PM you the method when I am at home and have them handy.

Regards,
<TED>

Sure PM me your instructions!

I did buy the smaller Klasse Kit off of this website, which came with applicator pads, and MF towels, and basic instructions. No need to send yours if they are the same as the out of the box instructions.

They do say to dampen the applicator pads/towels for easier application. I have also read using a quick detailer to dampen them is an even better option.

Using a small spray bottle sounds like a great idea... I assume you only want to spray each car panel maybe once, or twice at the most, so you don't get too much SG on the car.

Don M
05-27-2015, 07:40 AM
Using a small spray bottle sounds like a great idea... I assume you only want to spray each car panel maybe once, or twice at the most, so you don't get too much SG on the car.

I used the spray bottle idea when I use Klasse, it excels at keeping you from using too much (which is a big grizzly bear to take off if you get it on too thick). I would suggest one or two spritzes on the applicator, then spread it as thin as possible on the panel. Klasse SG does have kind of a steep learning curve, but as long as you keep it THIN, things will go easier for you.