PDA

View Full Version : Honda s2000 w/ Harbor Freight DA

mrclean1992
05-26-2015, 10:48 AM
Hey everyone! I just thought I'd share my progress on a friend's Honda s2000. I worked on the trunk last night. I'll have a picture posted below. For this vehicle, I used the Harbor Freight DA, a light cutting pad, and m205. The light cutting pad was from Harbor Freight as well (I'm waiting on my new backing plate and pads). I'm pretty happy with the results and am learning a lot through Mike and all of you guys!

I also have to say that the Harbor Freight DA polisher is quite a nice value for the money. It's powerful and it seems that they have made some improvements from the previous model. I noticed that the backing plate is of pretty good quality as well compared to the older model. Let me know what you guys think!

http://i57.tinypic.com/sncahg.jpg

Stegs
05-26-2015, 11:01 AM
Hey everyone! I just thought I'd share my progress on a friend's Honda s2000. I worked on the trunk last night. I'll have a picture posted below. For this vehicle, I used the Harbor Freight DA, a light cutting pad, and m205. The light cutting pad was from Harbor Freight as well (I'm waiting on my new backing plate and pads). I'm pretty happy with the results and am learning a lot through Mike and all of you guys!

I also have to say that the Harbor Freight DA polisher is quite a nice value for the money. It's powerful and it seems that they have made some improvements from the previous model. I noticed that the backing plate is of pretty good quality as well compared to the older model. Let me know what you guys think!

http://i57.tinypic.com/sncahg.jpg

nice! now come and do my wifes black ford focus :xyxthumbs:

mrclean1992
05-26-2015, 11:14 AM
nice! now come and do my wifes black ford focus :xyxthumbs:

Haha! Thank you Stegs! I appreciate it. I can't wait to see it when it's finished.

That black Ram 1500 of yours looks great too!

TFTADetail
05-26-2015, 08:59 PM
Looks great! :dblthumb2:

I've looked at those polishers before, but never had any idea of how well they worked.
Obviously, I don't have to wonder anymore.

SamRothstein
05-27-2015, 07:00 AM
I picked up a Harbor Freight DA a couple weeks ago and love it as well. For $60, after 20 percent off coupon, the price can't be beat for the casual enthusiast who will only use it a few times a year at best. Also great to learn with if you don't have the scratch for a PC or other "nicer" model. The "warrior" brand pads on the other hand don't hold a candle to the hex logic pads I just got in.

Here is a great thread about the Harbor Freight unit http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-tools-accessories/79852-harbor-freight-da-weak-points-mods.html

Busy mind
05-27-2015, 08:35 PM
Wow that's a pretty good cut. I'm looking forward to getting my m205 along with other goodies. I've mostly used CG V-line of polishes. I didn't realize m205 was so abrasive.

davey g-force
05-27-2015, 09:27 PM
Not to take anything away from your work, but the reason why you got those results is probably because you're working on soft Honda paint.

If it were anything else, the HF DA / M205 would have struggled.

Good work nonetheless. :xyxthumbs:

conman1395
05-27-2015, 11:21 PM
Not to take anything away from your work, but the reason why you got those results is probably because you're working on soft Honda paint.

If it were anything else, the HF DA / M205 would have struggled.

Good work nonetheless. :xyxthumbs:
Very true. I can do a lot with 205 on my Acura. The paint is soft and corrects very easily.

Doesn't mean you're work is any less spectacular though, very good job!

mrclean1992
05-28-2015, 12:14 AM
Thank you everyone for the kind words. I appreciate it! No offense taken either! I knew that Honda's had soft paint, but I was surprised of how soft it actually was. It was a fun and enjoyable car to work on. Im the MAN

damaged442
05-28-2015, 07:15 AM
I've had good luck with XMT 360 on my Acura paint, but might give the 2015 a try. It helps that they sell it right at HF too.