PDA

View Full Version : Need advice after interior steaming

JohniBoi
05-25-2015, 10:11 PM
Hello eveyone, I need some advice with a issue I'm having. So in a nutshell, I helped a friend out and carefully steam the interior of their car and now the car is acting up with the lighting in the interior. I have done plenty of interiors using steam and of course I was being careful with sensitive components. The vehicle is roughly 14 years old and from what I remembered all the interior lighting worked. Friend describes the lights that light up when the door opens so i think its the dome light. Also, there is a clicking sound that comes from the passenger side around the console area. I am taking full responsibility but I want some feedback or advice please. I am aware that moisture around electronics could lead to some problems. Im going to look at the vehicle and see what i could find tomorrow. The interior fuse was removed because the dome light was overheating said my friend. Thank you for your help. Feed back please

tw33k2514
05-25-2015, 10:32 PM
Best guess, moisture got in behind the light. And shorted some already exposed wire.... but hard to say without seeing it. Take the light assembly out and inspect the wireing.

-note 4 powered by T-Mobile