PDA

View Full Version : Apply Four Star Sealant with Flex DA?

YankeeFan
05-25-2015, 10:37 AM
Had a difficult time searching for answers. Like to try this today but what's the process so swirls are not put back?

1. Speed of Flex?
2. Prime entire pad so no dry areas?
3. Which LC pad is preferred - red, blue or gold?

Thanks,
Howarfd

Nick McKees37
05-25-2015, 10:50 AM
Had a difficult time searching for answers. Like to try this today but what's the process so swirls are not put back?

1. Speed of Flex?
2. Prime entire pad so no dry areas?
3. Which LC pad is preferred - red, blue or gold?

Thanks,
Howarfd

1. Speed 1-2 is fine
2. No need to prime pad with a wax or sealant. I would apply 3 dime-sized drops of sealant - that should be enough to cover half the car.
3. All 3 are great choices. I personally prefer gold.

:dblthumb2:

Kamakaz1961
05-25-2015, 12:00 PM
1. Speed 1-2 is fine
2. No need to prime pad with a wax or sealant. I would apply 3 dime-sized drops of sealant - that should be enough to cover half the car.
3. All 3 are great choices. I personally prefer gold.

:dblthumb2:

:iagree: I use the Gold Pads for Wax the Red Pads for Sealant. I use the 6.5" Lake Country Hybrid Pads as they cover more area than the 5" Pads. I want to cover as much area as possible, henceforth the 6.5" Pads. I use Speed setting 1 - 2 just like Nick said.

Bottome line....It's A LOT of fun spreading sealant/Wax with the Flex 3401 or any DA (PC, GG6, Megs, etc) for that matter!!

YankeeFan
05-25-2015, 07:54 PM
Thanks guys, this worked out very well. Sped through this at a nice pace. Wish I started earlier over the weekend, won't be able to apply wax till next week. Depending on the weather may reapply sealant Saturday, wax Sunday.

Howard

ScottB
05-26-2015, 06:16 PM
Its a great product to apply and remove by hand also. Very forgiving to over application also, but thin is in. A light , thin coat is all that's needed.