PDA

View Full Version : water filtering-water spots

onsite
05-24-2015, 12:04 PM
Just moved and have really bad water for water spotting. Whats everyone doing for curbing this issue. Im looking for something that can still fill my tank relatively fast.

Retread
05-24-2015, 02:05 PM
Just moved and have really bad water for water spotting. Whats everyone doing for curbing this issue. Im looking for something that can still fill my tank relatively fast.
Wash in the shade. I still pull in the garage to get out of the breeze. Dry the windows and chrome first, then the roof down. Use good quality drying towels (I think they work better than chamois). Also, if you get some spots, go back over them with a damp-then dry towel.

rjd598
05-24-2015, 02:25 PM
Shade is your friend and to some degree speed. Getting proper lsp on your car I think is the key. If you have a sealant or coating hit the car with a leaf blower to eliminate 80-90% of the water and then go over the car with a detail spray/spray wax to finish it up nicely.

onsite
05-24-2015, 02:58 PM
ill try the leaf blower to see if i can dry faster that way. I typically dry with mf towells and for maintenance ill spray my spray wax. But my problem is im still getting water spots and they suck to get off. Washing in the shade is a bit of a problem as im mobile and at times a tent isnt plausable.

evo77
05-24-2015, 03:19 PM
I don't own a garage and the only shade my parking pad gets is too late in the day (early evening). For this is the main reason I have switched to rinseless washing. No more water spots. No more racing around the car with a drying towel to battle the sun.

onsite
05-24-2015, 03:41 PM
ive thought about it just unsure and already invested into holding tank. But, I do admit I havent done any research on waterless washing.