PDA

View Full Version : Rinseless Washing Question - How Wet Are Your Towels?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Marc08EX
05-24-2015, 09:26 AM
I've been watching some videos lately that show how to do rinseless washing. Some of them show how little rinseless washing solution is left on the MF towel. They wring the towel out enough so that there's no liquid dripping. Is this the proper way?

I feel that there's not enough solution to lubricate the surface but I could be wrong. Do you guys do the same thing or do you have a lot of solution in the towel to the point it's dripping?

Thanks.

fly07sti
05-24-2015, 09:30 AM
I slightly wring mine out. But I also spray the panel beforehand to "pre soak" it.

Mask
05-24-2015, 09:35 AM
I presoak the panel with rinseless wash and use the towel straight from bucket.
Sometimes I find the towel is too heavy to move around on paint.

aim4squirrels
05-24-2015, 09:44 AM
Thoroughly saturated for me. It'll be dripping across my garage floor to get to the car.

Too little liquid poses the greater risk, IMO.

FUNX650
05-24-2015, 09:52 AM
I've been watching some videos lately that show how to do rinseless washing. Some of them show how little rinseless washing solution is left on the MF towel. They wring the towel out enough so that there's no liquid dripping. Is this the proper way?

Hi Marc,

Since it seems that there are so many variations of how to
perform rinse-less washing...Is there really a "proper" way?

So...IMHO:
Do the "rinse-less wash variation" that you feel will provide the best remediation, for the immediate task-at-hand's:
Level-of-Dirtiness.

Bob

Marc08EX
05-24-2015, 10:07 AM
I wring the towel out slightly but it's still dripping as I move the towel to the panel I'm working on. Even more so as I wipe the panel. It just makes a mess in the garage.

I just wondered if this is necessary.

Here's a video of Meguiar's shot in AG, on how to use D114.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cICbdJocUI4

When you go to the 15 minute mark, it shows you how little solution they have on the towel.

Here's another video of a different manufacturer showing how little solution they're using to doing rinseless wash..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7dG0k0Aq-Q

cfiiman
05-24-2015, 12:03 PM
I use 2 bucket method and a mitt, also pre-soak.

pheerix
05-24-2015, 12:17 PM
I thoroughly presoak and slightly wring out my towels to the point they are barely dripping. I use really plush towels so there's still a lot of solution in the towel despite it not dripping. I also use a lot (12) of towels. I try not to get solution all over my garage floor. No problems with marring so far.

Kamakaz1961
05-24-2015, 01:57 PM
I use 2 bucket method and a mitt, also pre-soak.

:dblthumb2: I do the same. 2-Bucket 2 Grit Guard Wash mitt. I saturate each panel with RW in a spray bottle. It is the foaming type Spray bottle you can get at AGO for like $5. But IMO, this is a good method of RW.

Legumes
05-24-2015, 04:00 PM
My towels are still dripping slightly when I'm washing. I pre-soak all panels as well for added protection.

ryandamartini
05-24-2015, 04:51 PM
I've started to keep a little more juice in my towels. (Shameless IUDJ plug) I feel that it helps lubricate more. I like to feel a nice even glide when going over the paint.

Rmd
05-24-2015, 05:08 PM
Squeeze but not wring for initial wipe after pre-spraying panel until it's slightly dripping. My towels are wet, but just barely short of dripping. I like to use the green 600's from MFT for the first wipe, and then a fully wrung out MM 800 for follow up before drying.

swanicyouth
05-24-2015, 05:26 PM
Here's another video of a different manufacturer showing how little solution they're using to doing rinseless wash..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7dG0k0Aq-Q

1. I love videos like this. This car has like 1 day's worth of dirt on it. It looks clean before they even start. The guy keeps saying in the video how dirty it is. Lolz.

Do they have any clue what cars are like in the real world??? Not very confidence inspiring IMHO. Whatever is going on in this video - it's not washing a dirty car.

2. I'm not sure why you would start *any* type of wash on the middle of the vehicle.

3. Since RW and water are cheap - I say use as much as you want. What harm could a drippy wet towel do?? I use the towel as wet as I can get it.

4. Pressure washing (or even hosing off) the vehicle before you touch it will make a wash much safer than worrying about how much solution you use on your towel - regardless of what type of soap you use.

frankprozzoly
05-24-2015, 05:55 PM
Now that I have the cr spotless I've been rinseing off my rinseless wash. That's funny. . Anyway my towels are pretty wet since I don't have to dry it. I'm already up to 8 on the meter, it's only been a month. Oh well still worth it

d33p
05-24-2015, 07:00 PM
Speaking of towels, what do you guys recommend?

I was thinking of these towels just for RW but they may get too soaked and become difficult to use. I can just see them being heavy and wanting to come apart.

http://www.microfibertech.com/assets/images/towels/700gsm2.jpg