PDA

View Full Version : Need help on picking products

remo74tg
05-23-2015, 11:58 PM
I have a 2014 Black Chevy Suburban with a lot of swirls all over the body, I'm in a limousine business and really don't have a more than a day to spend detailing the car.
I'm looking for some recommendations on process and products,
here is what I was thinking,
Wash with Dawn.
Iron X.
Clay: I need help picking one.
Polish with GG: HD Adapt or HD Speed or any other recommendations.
Pads: I was thinking Meguairs Microfiber cutting pads or finishing, not sure which one to use..Also take any recommendation on pads.
Wax: I have Collinite 845 sitting in the garage or any wax that is really good on black paint.
And looking for a wheel well cleaner and protectant to make it darker.

I appreciate any help and suggestions.

Mask
05-24-2015, 01:42 AM
I would recommend any of these:
Meguiars gold class
Meguiars hyper wash
Duragloss 901

I have not use HD adapt/speed but I had good luck with Meguiars ultimate compound and polish.
Use least aggressive method 1st example: (least to most aggressive)
Ult. polish with polishing pad.
Ult. polish with microfiber cut pad.
Ult. compound with polishing pad.
Ult. compound with cutting pad.

Meguiars makes really nice pads.I love their D300 with microfiber cutting pad and M205 with finishing pad.

Collinite 845 is good stuff and if you have little time for detail i suggest to look into these for maintenance:
Meguiars D114 & D156

As for wheel well, I clean them with Meguiars D108 and use Carpro Dlux coating. For maintenance i spray on Meg hyper dressing(1:1) or Carpro perl undiluted.

Look around, there are tons of good information and products out there.

Have fun :D

remo74tg
05-25-2015, 10:51 AM
I would recommend any of these:
Meguiars gold class
Meguiars hyper wash
Duragloss 901

I have not use HD adapt/speed but I had good luck with Meguiars ultimate compound and polish.
Use least aggressive method 1st example: (least to most aggressive)
Ult. polish with polishing pad.
Ult. polish with microfiber cut pad.
Ult. compound with polishing pad.
Ult. compound with cutting pad.

Meguiars makes really nice pads.I love their D300 with microfiber cutting pad and M205 with finishing pad.

Collinite 845 is good stuff and if you have little time for detail i suggest to look into these for maintenance:
Meguiars D114 & D156

As for wheel well, I clean them with Meguiars D108 and use Carpro Dlux coating. For maintenance i spray on Meg hyper dressing(1:1) or Carpro perl undiluted.

Look around, there are tons of good information and products out there.

Have fun :D

Thanks for detailed response. I'll look into these products and also take any other recommendations.