PDA

View Full Version : Grease on door seals

Pages : [1] 2

spielwurfel
05-23-2015, 01:40 PM
Hello guys

Sent my car to do it's normal maintenance on my local dealer and complained about a rubber noise coming from all doors. To solve it they put tons of some kind of grease on the doors seals and the result was a mess. I noticed it only after taking my car out of the dealer. I washed it, noticed and the wash didn't remove the heavy grease. How can I remove it? Which product should I use? The dealer isn't near my house and I don't want to loose time going there.

Thanks! =)

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/2776/medium/IMG_2997.JPG

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/2776/medium/IMG_29991.JPG

North26
05-23-2015, 01:53 PM
APC. But you'll have to re-wax the areas where cleaned.

spielwurfel
05-23-2015, 02:52 PM
Why re-wax? And how did you know my car had wax? haha

Breese147
05-23-2015, 04:36 PM
The APC will remove any wax or protectant so you want to wax it to protect and make cleaning easier

DogRescuer
05-23-2015, 04:54 PM
Since when does a 10:1 apc remove wax?

conman1395
05-23-2015, 05:37 PM
Since when does a 10:1 apc remove wax?
Since when has there been an APC that doesn't remove wax?
10:1 D101 is enough to clean all the crap off of an interior. Should be able to remove wax and most sealants (though some sealants may take a few rounds).

When I did my dad's Porsche it only had 50 miles on it and the dealer's wax. When prepping, I used D101 at 10:1 to remove the dealerships wax. This would never work on my cars (they have had either Collinite 845, Duragloss 105, or Blackfire Wet Diamond) but it definitely does in the dealership waxes I deal with on customer's cars.

So I guess it really depends on what wax the OP has on his or her car.

PA DETAILER
05-23-2015, 06:07 PM
UGH. What a mess. After that crap is cleaned off the seals (if it ever comes off?) use this from now on...

Einszett Rubber Care Stick Gummi Pflege, gummi pflege (http://www.autogeek.net/1z-einszett-rubber-care-stick.html)

FishyX
05-23-2015, 07:09 PM
I'll bet all the weather stripping noise is gone!!!!!!!

DogRescuer
05-24-2015, 05:34 AM
Since when has there been an APC that doesn't remove wax?
10:1 D101 is enough to clean all the crap off of an interior. Should be able to remove wax and most sealants (though some sealants may take a few rounds).

When I did my dad's Porsche it only had 50 miles on it and the dealer's wax. When prepping, I used D101 at 10:1 to remove the dealerships wax. This would never work on my cars (they have had either Collinite 845, Duragloss 105, or Blackfire Wet Diamond) but it definitely does in the dealership waxes I deal with on customer's cars.

So I guess it really depends on what wax the OP has on his or her car.

Gotcha, im so used to my c845 but your right.

spielwurfel
05-24-2015, 08:59 AM
Thanks for the tips guys!

So for that I understand I have to use APC diluted in 10:1, correct?

For the other comments, it's really a mess and I'll start using the Einzsett product. And indeed the noise is gone for good.

A few doubts:
- Can I use APC on the rubber of the door seals?
- Is it a good idea to use on the entire car?
- Here in Brazil I couldn't find many good option for APC. I mean, there are some local products that are very cheap, and some imported APC that are very expensive. Does a cheap or bad APC has anything that could damage my paint or rubber? What could be the difference between a cheap APC and a better and more expensive one? Because the local products we have here are 1/3 of the price of the imported ones (Mothers, Malco...)?

Thanks guys!

mswerb
05-24-2015, 10:26 AM
Rubber noise?? The dealership probably sprayed some type of silicone on the weatherstripping.

spielwurfel
05-24-2015, 01:38 PM
Yes, this is what they did. This grease on the doors is some kind of overspray (a lot)

spielwurfel
06-01-2015, 03:03 PM
Thanks for the tips guys!

So for that I understand I have to use APC diluted in 10:1, correct?

For the other comments, it's really a mess and I'll start using the Einzsett product. And indeed the noise is gone for good.

A few doubts:
- Can I use APC on the rubber of the door seals?
- Is it a good idea to use on the entire car?
- Here in Brazil I couldn't find many good option for APC. I mean, there are some local products that are very cheap, and some imported APC that are very expensive. Does a cheap or bad APC has anything that could damage my paint or rubber? What could be the difference between a cheap APC and a better and more expensive one? Because the local products we have here are 1/3 of the price of the imported ones (Mothers, Malco...)?

Thanks guys!

Any opinion about the prices I found here?

Thanks!

Setec Astronomy
06-01-2015, 04:17 PM
I'd wipe off what I can with a (dry) paper towel, then dampen one with mineral spirits, you can find that locally for cheap, can't you?

spielwurfel
06-01-2015, 07:25 PM
Is it safe? I've never found this at Brazil, I think...