PDA

View Full Version : Don't forget to spend time with the ones you love

FinishingTouchA
05-23-2015, 10:33 AM
I sit in front of this blank box still speechless after 2 days. If any of you have ever gotten that call and your only reply is "WHAT? NO!" It was Thursday morning and I had just unlocked my shop and clicked the open sign on when the phone rang. It was a friend I don't see too often and usually we message on FB to meet up. He said he had some bad news, he had just done a photoshoot of my correcting a 63 Nova and my guess was he lost the pictures. After a pause he told me Kyle Denton passed away. It's weird how for a bit after you hear something like that your heart doesn't really respond. A few minutes later it hit me and has been sinking deeper as time goes on. I'm 22 and he just turned 21, we went to school and worked together. This guy was an amazing friend. One of those people that touches everyone he meets. I'll never forget the huge hugs, his smile, and how much he genuinely cared about others. It's crazy how things end so quickly. Going over all the memories has had me in tears. I've spent so much time working on my business this year that I rarely spend any time with friends. I feel lost, I know things will get better but it just sucks that I'll never get to talk to him again. It's really made me think about how I spend my time and if building a big profitable business is really worth giving up time I could be spending with loved ones. Just a lot of things going through my head right now and had to tell someone. I love all you AGers. If you have a good friend you haven't talked to in a while, think about giving them a call or meeting up for lunch some time. You never know when the chance will be gone. One last thing, remember to smile. It's infectious and makes the world a much better place.

VP Mark
05-23-2015, 11:12 AM
Sorry for your loss my friend. Prayers for yourself and the family and other friends of the lost loved one.

Paul A.
05-23-2015, 11:31 AM
Sorry to hear of your loss and pain, Ryan, but thank you for sharing it with us here. It is through these unfortunate events in life that remind us of the things we somehow, unknowingly forget are important intangibles of life.

By sharing this with us i feel honored to be considered worthy of hearing this reminder. You are certainly contributing to enrich my life through this unfortunate experience in your life.

Thoughts and prayers to you and all today.

fly07sti
05-23-2015, 01:51 PM
So sorry to hear about your friend. This is a good place to reach out. I have coincidently made a good friend through this forum from the loss of my son last year. Who woulda thought that through such tragedy, someone could make a friend on a detailing forum.
You are very right in that we all need to step back and remember what is truly important and they are the people in our lives. While I am obsessed with detailing, I gladly will trade my free time to spend my time with my baby girl or hang out with a friend because tomorrow isn't promised so we need to cherish every moment we can. Money will come and go, but friends and family are priceless. We all need to remember that when we get "too busy"

BillE
05-23-2015, 02:48 PM
I offer my deepest condolences on the loss of your friend.

Your post says more than your realize, it is thoughtful and very true. The insight you show at your age is outstanding and much appreciated!

Please allow an old man to say few things…at my age the loss of friends and relatives NEVER gets any easier. If anything, I believe it becomes harder.

As a young man in my twenties, I lost 5 high school mates during Viet-Nam. I thought, damn! But, I was “in” then also, soooo.

In my thirties, I lost both of my parents. I think, Oh S**T! That one hurts.

On and on as I got older.

Now in my 70’s, I recently discovered a very close ship mate (from ‘service time’) had passed. Let me say that really hit and HURT! Hurt a helloflot more than I ever thought it would. Even though we really hadn’t been contact much the last few years, still. We had been through a LOT! Way to close for comfort.

So, my friends, STOP! Tell you friends that you do love them. Let your relatives KNOW you DO care for them. Sit down with your wife (husband if any ladies are reading) and REALLY tell them you LOVE them. While doing that, think how damn good life REALLY is.

Bill

FinishingTouchA
05-24-2015, 02:03 AM
Thank you guys, means a lot. Just went to the spot tonight where he passed, There was a white cross filled with writing. It's just amazing the amount of people he touched.

onsite
05-24-2015, 03:12 AM
Sorry for your loss. Its never easy, just find that balance and keep everyone close.