PDA

View Full Version : Basic travel kit to keep in car?

Marc Hufnagel
05-22-2015, 01:52 PM
I'm starting with window cleaner and about 10 clean mf towels. This is just a basic kit so please suggest what I'll need.

ViperGuy21
05-22-2015, 02:35 PM
Detail spray and waterless wash!

Marc Hufnagel
05-22-2015, 03:00 PM
onr qd is now there for sure.

tw33k2514
05-22-2015, 03:42 PM
I carry a bottle of waterless wash and a few microfibers.

-note 4 powered by T-Mobile

ryanbabz71
05-24-2015, 10:43 AM
To add to the list throw in some tire dressing

Ryan

TheFrankenberry
05-24-2015, 11:44 AM
Microfibers, window cleaner and quick detailer are a must. I find an all purpose cleanern a small bottle of ONR, a collapsible bucket and clay bar to be invaluable as well for those grimy-er situations. Case in point, a DOT truck had a fluorescent pink paint spray can bounce out of its bed and explode in front of my car outside of St. Louis - glad I was prepared!

Rsurfer
05-24-2015, 02:14 PM
To add to the list throw in some tire dressing

Ryan

What about a buffer?:buffing:

rjd598
05-24-2015, 02:23 PM
Waterless wash, window cleaner, and plenty of plush mf towels and you should be good.

fly07sti
05-24-2015, 05:27 PM
I'd like to add a couple of empty bags to put the dirty MF's in after they get used and a roll of quarters in case you have to go to a local coin op pressure wash.

swanicyouth
05-24-2015, 05:31 PM
I carry absolutely nothing. I leave the car alone until it needs a proper wash. That way you are not inducing swirls doing wipedowns and similar. If I'm going on a trip - I bring everything I need to do a rinseless wash (including wheel tools) at a Pay N Spray.

glen e
07-17-2019, 11:40 AM
Good list… I would delete the quart oil, I can get that on the road, and if I check before I leave, I really don’t burn oil on a long trip of 6-800 miles. I would add a bottle of rinseless, a couple towels and a waffle weave. So I can do a rinseless was in the hotel parking lot or at my destinations. The trash cans in a hotel room are usually clean and plastic With a bag insert, so I use that as my bucket.

I also would delete the paper maps, if my NAV in my car goes down, I can use my phone or my iPad which is always with me.

DetailKitty
07-17-2019, 01:59 PM
Every day driving I have a travel-size bottle of glass cleaner and QD in the center console along with a few microfibers...
I don't use these to get off dust or whatever after I drive somewhere... these are in case I see a bird dropping or something on the paint that I want to get off ASAP.

PaulMys
07-17-2019, 05:35 PM
Every day driving I have a travel-size bottle of glass cleaner and QD in the center console along with a few microfibers...
I don't use these to get off dust or whatever after I drive somewhere... these are in case I see a bird dropping or something on the paint that I want to get off ASAP.

I'm with Monica on this one. I always have those things behind the seat in my truck.