PDA

View Full Version : Going Home Tomorrow

Pages : [1] 2

FloridaNative
06-18-2006, 03:13 PM
Hi everybody!
Sorry I haven't checked in before now, but I'm sure that nobody is missing me anyway! ;) I've had a great time in GA until now and we will be leaving tomorrow to make the loooooooooooooooong drive back home to South Fla. I detailed mommy's car and she was very pleased with it, but unfortunately I never had time to do mine. Will have to do it at home. But, I couldn't let this day go by without popping in to wish all of the AG dads a very Happy Father's Day! I think in this day and age the culture is very hard on dads. Long gone are the days of My Three Sons when fathers were held up in a position of honor and esteem. It seems to me nowadays that TV dads are just portrayed as buffoons and I fear that it lessens the value that fathers really have in the family. So today I honor all of you dads for your strength that your family needs to see, for the way that you provide for the family in a way that nobody else can and for your invaluable contributions into the lives of your children. I know that mom's exert tremendous influence over the lives of their children but a encouraging word from dad at just the right time can change a child's world forever! God bless all you dads out there. You deserve honor and respect and you have it from me!:applause: Have a wonderful father's day. I'll see you all when I get home! Til then take care!

BILL
06-18-2006, 03:34 PM
Great! We missed you.......Isabella says HI:awesome:

justin_murphy
06-18-2006, 03:54 PM
Where were you in good ol'GA?

I'm in GA myself.

ScottB
06-18-2006, 05:32 PM
Florida Native who ??????????

dakevmann
06-18-2006, 05:35 PM
Good ole GA where were you at I just got back from Savannah doing some annual training for the military.

wytstang
06-18-2006, 09:07 PM
Florida Native who ??????????
LOL don't mean to laugh but that was kinda funny...Have a safe trip back ;)

Meghan
06-19-2006, 07:18 AM
Florida Native who ??????????:p

FloridaNative
06-23-2006, 08:46 AM
lol How did I know killer would get me laughing? Fortunately the milk was no where near me this time! ha ha ha. My mom did the Floridian thing and retired up north to the mountains. She lives in Hiawassee, GA less than one mile away from the North Carolina border. She used to live in Plantation, FL surrounded by a bunch of party animals. Now she lives in GA surrounded by a bunch of farm animals! She has a beautiful view from her house. She has mountains all around her and the sky at night is exquisite! The only time I ever see that many stars in Florida is after a hurricane! We brought our telescope up with us to look at the stars but we forgot to pack the eye pieces, so we ordered one that we didn't already have at home off the internet, but by the time it got to my mom's house the conditions weren't good for viewing. Oh well, maybe next time. AG was great however. My mom finally made her first AG order (I usually just give her stuff when I do her car). I had ordered the eyepiece for the telescope days before she placed her AG order and her AG order got there first! Go AG!! But I think I burst her bubble a bit because I told her that she would probably get some free samples in her box, but she didn't and so she was like, "hey I thought you were friends with these people! They should have given your mom some samples!" lol but I give her so many products as it is, she's gotten plenty from me! I also tried to educate my cousin and my aunt about the importance of good car care and they have sworn to me that they will take care of their vehicles! I gave my cousin the link to AG's site and showed him all of the how-to articles and I wrote down a regiment for his car and gave him some samples to use. So I'm doing my part to spread the good word. The rest is up to them! :) It's good to be back home and to be in the sun again and back with all of you here! It's nice to be missed! I missed you all too! kisses and hugs all around! :)

BILL
06-23-2006, 09:57 AM
welcome home:cheers: now on to detailing:D

wytstang
06-23-2006, 10:45 AM
lol How did I know killer would get me laughing? Fortunately the milk was no where near me this time! ha ha ha. My mom did the Floridian thing and retired up north to the mountains. She lives in Hiawassee, GA less than one mile away from the North Carolina border. She used to live in Plantation, FL surrounded by a bunch of party animals. Now she lives in GA surrounded by a bunch of farm animals! She has a beautiful view from her house. She has mountains all around her and the sky at night is exquisite! The only time I ever see that many stars in Florida is after a hurricane! We brought our telescope up with us to look at the stars but we forgot to pack the eye pieces, so we ordered one that we didn't already have at home off the internet, but by the time it got to my mom's house the conditions weren't good for viewing. Oh well, maybe next time. AG was great however. My mom finally made her first AG order (I usually just give her stuff when I do her car). I had ordered the eyepiece for the telescope days before she placed her AG order and her AG order got there first! Go AG!! But I think I burst her bubble a bit because I told her that she would probably get some free samples in her box, but she didn't and so she was like, "hey I thought you were friends with these people! They should have given your mom some samples!" lol but I give her so many products as it is, she's gotten plenty from me! I also tried to educate my cousin and my aunt about the importance of good car care and they have sworn to me that they will take care of their vehicles! I gave my cousin the link to AG's site and showed him all of the how-to articles and I wrote down a regiment for his car and gave him some samples to use. So I'm doing my part to spread the good word. The rest is up to them! :) It's good to be back home and to be in the sun again and back with all of you here! It's nice to be missed! I missed you all too! kisses and hugs all around! :)
My parents are getting ready to "up root" from south Florida too and moving to Valdosta,GA (near Fl border). They've had enough as well they want the laid back southern life with friendlier people. Before I left Fl I made sure I left behind 2 containers of Nattys Blue, I think he got the hint :D

FloridaNative
06-23-2006, 11:20 AM
My parents are getting ready to "up root" from south Florida too and moving to Valdosta,GA (near Fl border). They've had enough as well they want the laid back southern life with friendlier people. Before I left Fl I made sure I left behind 2 containers of Nattys Blue, I think he got the hint :D

LOL I think a gallon of bug squash would be a good thing to leave them as well! ;) But I have to say as a Floridian, we have a terribly bad rap that is not deserved. True Floridians are very nice and friendly people (like ME!! lol). We're a little laid back, yes it's true, and the heat does make us a little crazy too, but I have never met a "real" Floridian that wasn't friendly and nice. I think it's a real shame that Florida gets such a bad reputation, but hopefully us few natives that are left can stem the tide of malice that rages against our beloved Sunshine State and give a true representation of the welcoming nature of real Floridians. :cheers:

Reddwarf
06-23-2006, 11:28 AM
I'm confused! I thought everyone moved to FL when they retired, not the other way around!

Welcome back FN!

FloridaNative
06-23-2006, 11:39 AM
lol!! It sure seems that way! But Floridians do the reverse and retire up north if they leave at all! Thanks Reddwarf. It's good to be back. :D

wytstang
06-23-2006, 01:24 PM
LOL I think a gallon of bug squash would be a good thing to leave them as well! ;) But I have to say as a Floridian, we have a terribly bad rap that is not deserved. True Floridians are very nice and friendly people (like ME!! lol). We're a little laid back, yes it's true, and the heat does make us a little crazy too, but I have never met a "real" Floridian that wasn't friendly and nice. I think it's a real shame that Florida gets such a bad reputation, but hopefully us few natives that are left can stem the tide of malice that rages against our beloved Sunshine State and give a true representation of the welcoming nature of real Floridians. :cheers:
The reputation is coming from south Fl and rightfully so (Miami to Florida City), it's getting harder and harder to find good honest people. The people who have moved in are not true Fl peeps and they are bringing it down (and fast). Rude and tightly wound is how a veiw them down south. I loved Fl (born and raised) but the past 5 yrs I just couldn't take it anymore I had to leave. If my and Leah were ever to move back we wouldn't go past Lakeland. Actually Lakeland (IMHO) is were you can still a large group of good true Floridians left. Not that the folks here on AG aren't good honest folks just that they are few and far apart through out Miami-Dade. LEah has no more family (beside brother) down in Miami-Dade they start from Lakeland on up and my fam is starting to do the same. I'm still a Floridian at heart and always will be, I just prefer to see trees and small animals insteed of builings and traffic backed up for hours (7 am on the turn pike/95 yeah right lol).

abrcrombe
06-23-2006, 01:29 PM
That's unfortunate that Floridians are getting a bad rap. I've actually never heard anything like that though. Maybe I am too far away. I always imagined them to be happy people. Sweaty, but happy. :D