PDA

View Full Version : I Need Some Help!!

dbrufus1234
09-04-2007, 11:14 PM
well i have a black 05 mustang gt, and when i try to wax the hood, roof, or trunks lid, it is very hard to get all the wax residue off. when i apply the wax (very thin), and let it dry 5 mins or so with a fan on it, and then when i wipe the haze off, the haze comes off but it leaves like a residue (i dont know how to explain it) but if i wipe threw it with some force you can a smear mark where there is still some wax and it takes forever to get it all off, i dont know what it could be, the sides of the car dont do it as bad. i have clayed it. and it is about 95 degrees outside so that may have something to do with it, but i just need some suggestion on what to do

D
09-04-2007, 11:19 PM
What wax are you using?

dbrufus1234
09-04-2007, 11:20 PM
Nxt

dbrufus1234
09-04-2007, 11:25 PM
also after i finally get the hood waxed the slick feeling and water beading up is got within a week or so.

budman3
09-05-2007, 09:24 AM
I haven't used NXT in a while so I can't make any specific comments per that wax. I assume you are doing this out of the sunlight. If the wax is smearing, that is telling me that it hasn't fully dried yet. NXT is a cleaner type wax so working it in a little may help as well. I'm not sure what the specific dry time is on NXT but try 20 minutes. And if you are still having trouble removing it, spray some QD or even better the NXT QD to aid in the removal of the wax.

dbrufus1234
09-05-2007, 09:28 AM
well i am doin it in a carport, but ill try the QD next time

Surfer
09-05-2007, 11:15 AM
also after i finally get the hood waxed the slick feeling and water beading up is got within a week or so.Welcome to NXT lol, majority of us don't care for the line. The heat and humidity are also a factor. A wax like Natty's Blue is fine in heat and humidity even on a black car. Personally I'd grab a good sealant like Duragloss 105 and a good carnauba wax instead of NXT, sealants and synthetic waxes need to haze before buffing with th exception of some like Opti Seal, anywhere from 20-60 minutes to set, then buff off, and don't touch it for 24 hours while it cures. If its hot and humid out, that can affect curing from the condensation that will cover the body at night/early morning.

67Customs
09-05-2007, 11:41 AM
Let it sit for longer than 5 minutes and try it again. I think NXT is a fine OTC wax.

dbrufus1234
09-05-2007, 02:18 PM
Welcome to NXT lol, majority of us don't care for the line. The heat and humidity are also a factor. A wax like Natty's Blue is fine in heat and humidity even on a black car. Personally I'd grab a good sealant like Duragloss 105 and a good carnauba wax instead of NXT, sealants and synthetic waxes need to haze before buffing with th exception of some like Opti Seal, anywhere from 20-60 minutes to set, then buff off, and don't touch it for 24 hours while it cures. If its hot and humid out, that can affect curing from the condensation that will cover the body at night/early morning.
so you think a sealent would work better??

Surfer
09-05-2007, 02:24 PM
so you think a sealent would work better??Some on here like NXT but I just don't, zilch durability and look fades off after a couple days. A true sealant like Duragloss is much more durable and not only looks better but it maintains its look, other choices are Poorboys EX-P (Poorboys products are heat/sun friendly), Wolfgang sealant, DP sealant etc. IMO DG 105 has the looks and durability above all. The main thing is to allow proper time before buffing off, 5 minutes isn't enough and your moreso smearing the product around, wait 30-60 minutes or so for a sealant then buff off, the other thing hurting you is pry the condensation at night/early morning from the humidity which has an effect on the curing time. There are good choices for a wax as well, Poorboys Natty's Blue not only looks excellent on dark colors but its cheap and sun friendly, haven't used the Red version though it supposedly edges it out a little.

What do you want, a sealant, or wax, or both/combo? Depends what your looking for.....

dbrufus1234
09-05-2007, 03:00 PM
What do you want, a sealant, or wax, or both/combo? Depends what your looking for.....

what is the difference in sealent and wax?? should i be letting the NXT sit for 30 mins as well before buffing off??

ScottB
09-05-2007, 04:41 PM
black in general holds heat much longer than most other covers, sometimes its as simple as allowing it to cool outside sunlight with the hood and trunk opened also. If still having a problem just use Souveran paste ....