PDA

View Full Version : Which would you choose?

MrGrimmage
05-20-2015, 08:58 PM
Hello AG'ers. So a little help please. I've read through tons of forum topics and gathered a lot of really useful info. But I need a bit more help. I'm just starting out with da polishers. I've seen tons of videos about the pc7424xp and I like it! But then there is the mt 300. Not many videos out there about it but a lot of good things being said about this tool. So if you were starting out today. Ready to make a purchase, which one of the two would you buy right now?

Thanks for any and all suggestions.

Ccrew
05-20-2015, 09:00 PM
Neither. I'd buy the Griots 6". Better than the Porter Cable and lifetime warrantied.

Evan.J
05-20-2015, 09:01 PM
I will second the Griots garage 6" polisher

MrGrimmage
05-20-2015, 09:17 PM
GG6 ok!! I'll have to check that one out. Thanks

expdetailing
05-20-2015, 09:20 PM
Please, listen to the guys here and take their advice.
I wish I had done the same but didn't , and am regreting it now.
I am only a hobbiest, and do an occasional car on the side. I figured okay, a PC, which I started out with, was a lot better than doing it by hand, but what about a Flex? So, I bought a Flex. Then, I bought two Rupes, the 21 & the 15. Then, I bought a Flex PE14 rotory.
The joke is that they all sit in my basement brand-new and unused, except for the PC & 3401. I've used those twice each.
My point is, be realistic about how many times you are REALLY going to use it, and not to kid yourself like I did.
Furthermore, I have enough polishes, coatings, and waxes and sealants, leather conditioners etc., etc. to last a REAL detailer at least a year, and it all just sits in my basement. Something's gotta give...

Mask
05-20-2015, 09:44 PM
What expdetailing said ^^
I give to friends or sell away most products because I couldn't finish using them :(

custmsprty
05-20-2015, 09:46 PM
I am only a hobbiest, and do an occasional car on the side. I figured okay, a PC, which I started out with, was a lot better than doing it by hand, but what about a Flex? So, I bought a Flex. Then, I bought two Rupes, the 21 & the 15. Then, I bought a Flex PE14 rotory.
The joke is that they all sit in my basement brand-new and unused, except for the PC & 3401. I've used those twice each.
My point is, be realistic about how many times you are REALLY going to use it, and not to kid yourself like I did.
Furthermore, I have enough polishes, coatings, and waxes and sealants, leather conditioners etc., etc. to last a REAL detailer at least a year, and it all just sits in my basement. Something's gotta give...

great advice. :dblthumb2:

I'd get the GG6 a 5" and 3.5 backing plate from LC and 6 pack LC flat pads, 2 orange 2 white 2 black, 6 pack LC 4" pads same combo, HD Polish, HD Speed and HD Poxy in 16oz and you are good to go! Get the 4" pad set up because the GG6 is top heavy and wobbles big time on a 3" pad.

dlc95
05-20-2015, 10:30 PM

Same here. I have a Duetto, and a 3401, and use the Porter Cable most often.

I do have some people pay me for my services, but I have way more product for the volume I do. If I have high quality compounds, polishes, and pads there isn't much the pc can't do.

The gg6 sound like it can be had at a really nice price though. That would be the biggest difference to me.

ocdetailtx
05-20-2015, 11:33 PM
Griot's has a new line coming out June 6th and one of their guys at the Tacoma store said I should wait before I buy a polisher. I've got a feeling that a more "professional" polisher will be coming out to compete with the new Megs.

dcjredline
05-21-2015, 12:13 AM
Neither. I'd buy the Griots 6". Better than the Porter Cable and lifetime warrantied.

Third...and I did and love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ebg18t
05-21-2015, 05:13 AM
If I was looking at the entry level units I would only consider the GG6. Awesome warranty and reasonable price.