PDA

View Full Version : Using a paint cleaner/GEP

wdmaccord
05-20-2015, 06:20 PM
I am planning to coat my car in the fall, so I don't want to polish it this spring, but rather just use BFGEP and seal with BFWD and BFCS.

I'll go through my typical regimen of decon, but I usually get some marring with clay on my soft black Honda paint.

My question is whether GEP will remove/fill any light marring from clay? Thanks in advance for your input.

Lost Highway
05-20-2015, 06:52 PM
BF GEP, to the best of my knowledge, contains no or a negligible amount of abrasives. It will not remove marring.

wdmaccord
05-20-2015, 08:21 PM
BF GEP, to the best of my knowledge, contains no or a negligible amount of abrasives. It will not remove marring.

True, but it is a paint cleaner and glaze. I'm curious if either of those properties would take care of any minimal clay marring.

Lost Highway
05-21-2015, 06:01 AM
I don't remember GEP as being a huge filler but truth be told I never liked it and haven't used it for quite a while. I thought it was mostly just a mediocre chemical paint cleaner. I vastly prefer Prima Amigo, that isn't a huge filler either but I can tell you from experience that BFWD sits on it without any dramatic penalty in durability. Ditto CG EZ Creme Glaze. There are other glazes that fill significantly more (e.g. the old One Grand) but I'd be dubious about compatibility.