PDA

View Full Version : New car cover...

57BORNTORUN
05-19-2015, 10:04 PM
I dont like it.Fun to watch though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VK9ZhvXlf6s#t=11

davey g-force
05-19-2015, 11:24 PM
Pretty cool... but how is it 'touchless'?

Setec Astronomy
05-20-2015, 12:20 AM
Pretty cool... but how is it 'touchless'?

Because it doesn't slide over the car the way a traditional cover does, although I wouldn't exactly call it touchless, or practical, either, seeing how it folds up--it says it's an indoor cover, but it looks like a hassle to store.

57BORNTORUN
05-20-2015, 12:57 AM
I like how he folds it up on the asphalt and sidewalk.Wonder how it does in the wind?Let me guess.:nomore:

Setec Astronomy
05-20-2015, 01:08 AM
Well, they say it's for indoor use, so no wind. I think it's a good concept with flawed execution.

57BORNTORUN
05-20-2015, 01:23 AM
Well, they say it's for indoor use, so no wind. I think it's a good concept with flawed execution.

So if it`s for indoor use...show it being used indoors.Or are we supposed to imagine it being used indoors.

davey g-force
05-20-2015, 01:34 AM
Yep, agreed ^^

Also don't advertise it as being touchless, when it clearly touches the car (albeit not dragging right across the paint like a normal cover).

*edit* maybe they mean "touch less" since it touches less than a normal one? ;)

oldmodman
05-21-2015, 06:04 AM
I have a plain old flannel cover and it never gets slid across the surface either.

I just fold it section by section until it's a small bundle on the roof. Then I lift it off and set it on a towel which I fold over to keep dust off it when it's not on the car.

It's used only in a closed garage and when it's on the car I cover the cover with a thin plastic drop cloth. That has kept the cover clean through ten years of use.

I would never use any kind of cover outside.