PDA

View Full Version : Dog poop in the car

sito
05-19-2015, 08:48 PM
My dog poop in my driver front seat? I removed the mess but how do I disinfect th email seat

tw33k2514
05-19-2015, 09:03 PM
You need to use an oxydizer. Mix 4 oz of hydrogen paroxide with 28oz of water and mist it on the effected area. Let sit for 5 minutes and rinse clean with water.

-note 4 powered by T-Mobile

Klasse Act
05-19-2015, 09:44 PM
My dog poop in my driver front seat? I removed the mess but how do I disinfect th email seat

You need to clean that seat with some Optimum Power Clean (aka Alien Kleen) and use it full strength!

davey g-force
05-19-2015, 09:47 PM
You need to let your dog know that he has been a BAD doggy!

aim4squirrels
05-19-2015, 09:49 PM
Poop on your dog's bed, that'll teach him.

What kind of material is the seat?

davey g-force
05-19-2015, 11:21 PM

LMAO :laughing:

TheAverageMan
05-20-2015, 12:21 AM

What kind of material is the seat?

Establish dominance, its why dogs pee on random stuff to mark their territory. Let him know who's boss.

sito
05-20-2015, 09:41 AM
my kia sorento has synthetic leather. will hydrogen peroxide disinfect it?

Ccrew
05-20-2015, 09:46 AM
Establish dominance, its why dogs pee on random stuff to mark their territory. Let him know who's boss.

This. Now go pee on all the seats before he does.

Ccrew
05-20-2015, 09:48 AM

Hydrogen peroxide will disinfect most anything, but personally I'd test it in an inconspicuous area first. I've seen it change the colors of things it's sprayed on.

aim4squirrels
05-20-2015, 11:09 AM
Most of the chemicals used to clean dog and cat urine are primarily Isopropyl Alcohol with an enzyme to break down the offending odor causing chemicals. This enzyme is usually only necessary if the substance is absorbent.

I'd use isopropyl alcohol. Splash some 70% IPA on a paper towel, check an inconspicuous area for color fastness (it really should be fine, but ALWAYS test first) and wipe on and immediately wipe off with a dry paper towel.

You don't need to leave it on the surface any longer than a nurse would rub an alcohol wipe on on your skin for a shot.

tw33k2514
05-20-2015, 12:25 PM

Hydrogen peroxide will disinfect most anything, but personally I'd test it in an inconspicuous area first. I've seen it change the colors of things it's sprayed on.
He speaks the truth. Did not know we were dealing with leather.

Honestly. Since it's leather I'd just clean it with w/e you use to normally clean it and call it a day. It's not like it sunk into the leather like it would upholstery.

-note 4 powered by T-Mobile

DetailKitty
05-20-2015, 01:05 PM

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

davey g-force
05-20-2015, 03:45 PM

Honestly. Since it's leather I'd just clean it with w/e you use to normally clean it and call it a day. It's not like it sunk into the leather like it would upholstery.

:iagree: Just clean it with APC and/or a leather cleaner. Then if you want to disinfect it, use a household disinfectant. :idea:

Then you can condition with a leather conditioner if you wish..

rbdetail
05-20-2015, 04:37 PM
Note, the OP stated "synthetic leather"

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk 2