PDA

View Full Version : New Detail Rig

Pages : [1] 2

TFTADetail
05-19-2015, 09:38 AM
Hey All,

Thought I'd share some pics of the latest member of our detail trailers.
I had this trailer custom built as it will be my personal trailer aside from the company trailers. It is custom painted to match my truck, has double storage boxes, turn key start 5K Honda generator, 7 gallon air compressor, 6.5HP Honda pressure washer @ 2800PSI, 150 gallon water tank, custom fabricated hose guides, full diamond plate throughout including the flooring and a spare tire mounted to the front. I already applied Reload to all of the paint and diamond plate. I wanted the trailer/truck combo to make a show stopper so I went all out to set it apart from everything else I've ever seen with regard to auto detail rigs.

I also had custom fabricated plating welded at the tailgate and sides for the company name and info to be applied to. Custom aluminum wheels and LED lighting top everything off. I couldn't be happier with the results and the paint is a perfect match to the OEM paint of my truck. No quality pics in the sunlight as it has been really cloudy for the past several days. I included a picture of my truck to give a better idea of what the color looks like in the sun.

I also happen to have 2 blue canopies. Lol, like I said ...... drawing attention moving or working and yes, I do like blue .... especially this shade of blue. :xyxthumbs:

Opinions?

ryandamartini
05-19-2015, 09:51 AM
Cool. I have a Prerunner SR5 2.7L myself. It's grey though ;)

I've been fighting with if I want to do a trailer or have a bed setup.

TFTADetail
05-19-2015, 09:54 AM
Cool. I have a Prerunner SR5 2.7L myself. It's grey though ;)

I've been fighting with if I want to do a trailer or have a bed setup.

Thanks!
I have always used trailer rigs as access is open. Much easier to get to what I need and have the correct amount of storage for all of my equipment and products.

ryandamartini
05-19-2015, 09:56 AM
Thanks!
I have always used trailer rigs as access is open. Much easier to get to what I need and have the correct amount of storage for all of my equipment and products.

I'm fighting with that convenience myself. I'm just worried about theft.

If I did a bed setup, I could put a cap on. With a trailer, I'm just worried I'd have issues setting up around parking lots, etc.

TFTADetail
05-19-2015, 12:46 PM
I'm fighting with that convenience myself. I'm just worried about theft.

If I did a bed setup, I could put a cap on. With a trailer, I'm just worried I'd have issues setting up around parking lots, etc.

I understand about the theft. I decided to keep this within a secured storage unit which is where the picture in the parking lot was taken. This way I can keep the chemicals used in the same area without having to carry them back and forth from the shop.

5 minutes away anyway.

TFTADetail
05-20-2015, 08:17 AM
Wow!

Thanks for all of the comments! :dblthumb2:

swanicyouth
05-20-2015, 08:55 AM
Dunno anything about detailing rigs; but that's a nice looking Toyota.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TFTADetail
05-20-2015, 09:18 AM
Dunno anything about detailing rigs; but that's a nice looking Toyota.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you, sir

Charger12
05-20-2015, 05:00 PM
That's a sharp blue on that truck

nickehg
05-20-2015, 05:11 PM
Gotta love that blue color. My old 4Runner was the same color. Still my favorite car I've ever owned to this day!

asalesagent912
05-20-2015, 08:14 PM
Very nice set up. May i ask the company you got it from?

TFTADetail
05-20-2015, 09:15 PM
Thanks fellas.
I'm constantly asked if it's a custom color. Nope, OEM. I just don't think anyone is used to seeing this color with a shine ..... ;-)

TFTADetail
05-20-2015, 09:17 PM
That's a sharp blue on that truck

Gotta love that blue color. My old 4Runner was the same color. Still my favorite car I've ever owned to this day!

Very nice set up. May i ask the company you got it from?

Bought it from Detrailers in Denton, Texas.
I've used the same guy for several years now. You can actually see him in one of the pics. He builds them and outsources nothing. In my case I described what I wanted and he totally came through for me.
It's an eye catcher, no doubt. I'm proud to have it, obviously. :dblthumb2:

Thanks!

TFTADetail
05-20-2015, 09:19 PM

I had a 1998 4Runner that I still miss after 5 years. Never had a single problem with it and it had 225K miles when I traded it.

davey g-force
05-20-2015, 09:30 PM
Congrats on the sweet setup! :xyxthumbs:

More paint and wheels to keep shiny now... :)