PDA

View Full Version : Shipping

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Creedmoor
05-18-2015, 12:20 PM
How about free shipping over $49. My coffee vendor and others I deal with have free shipping over $49.

Shipping is a killer and you get big discounts from your chosen shipper, like every other business, so why try to make money off your customers from shipping.

We had great deals from FedEx which brought down the cost by ~half and we probably did not ship the quantity you do.

Goin Rogue
05-18-2015, 12:53 PM
They have tons of sales with either flat rate or free over a certain amount. If you live in FL the threshold is $95. (Which is easy for me to hit! :) )

tw33k2514
05-18-2015, 12:54 PM
At least they don't up charge the shipping like the company I work for.....

-note 4 powered by T-Mobile

Rsurfer
05-18-2015, 02:03 PM
How about free shipping over $49. My coffee vendor and others I deal with have free shipping over $49.

Shipping is a killer and you get big discounts from your chosen shipper, like every other business, so why try to make money off your customers from shipping.

We had great deals from FedEx which brought down the cost by ~half and we probably did not ship the quantity you do.

At least they don't up charge the shipping like the company I work for.....

+ they are giving you 15-20% off.

Sicoupe
05-18-2015, 02:11 PM

We had great deals from FedEx which brought down the cost by ~half and we probably did not ship the quantity you do.Not gonna happen, been talked about for ever. Just wait on sale like mentioned above.

Pineapple Larry
05-30-2015, 12:33 PM
I live in Hawaii. Shipping prices definitely impact my purchase decisions. Case in point, I tried to order one of Mike Phillips' books from a third party vendor on Amazon only to find shipping was more than the cover price of the book.

Docpeanut
05-30-2015, 12:44 PM
You could try calling your order in and asking if they could work a deal on shipping

Ccrew
05-30-2015, 03:23 PM
You could try calling your order in and asking if they could work a deal on shipping

Not everyone is of the mindset that they have to or want to haggle everything - especially something like shipping. This place isn't Craigslist is it?. So what happens is many go to the place that offers the lowest total price. Unfortunately many times it's not a PBMG site. And while the sales are nice? I'm not holding an order to see what this weeks concoction of a price + shipping + free gift + treat for your dog is.

tpr1634
05-30-2015, 04:29 PM
This seems to be a sore subject.:whs:

FUNX650
05-30-2015, 05:00 PM
This seems to be a sore subject.:whs:
For some...Yes, it does.
Always has been: at least since 2006.

Bob

tw33k2514
05-30-2015, 05:17 PM
Another site may have a lower total price, but I gotta say.... it's almost impossible to gather up everything I want at any other site than autogeek.... no one else has the selection.... that! Is what keeps me coming back.

dsharpe89
05-30-2015, 05:47 PM
You should try shipping to Canada...... Ouch!

drbll
08-19-2015, 03:18 PM
Why not offer USPS Priority Flat Rate shipping?? The shipping cost now is based on the dollar amount of the order, which really sucks. I realize AGO doesn't "need" my business because I am a hobby detailer and don't buy that much stuff, but I often fill a cart with stuff and see the $18.85 charge for shipping and I say forget it.

Nick McKees37
08-19-2015, 03:48 PM
We don't like paying shipping either, believe me. UPS certainly doesn't give us a free shipping coupon code if we spend over X amount. :work:

Between the discount codes and the sales we run, there are several ways to save when you shop with us. The AGO veterans have heard this over and over again, but we're more than happy to price match a competing site if they offer a better deal, shipping included.

MIsnowman
08-19-2015, 04:16 PM
Between the discount codes and the sales we run, there are several ways to save when you shop with us. The AGO veterans have heard this over and over again, but we're more than happy to price match a competing site if they offer a better deal, shipping included.

I've never really been a fan of price matching. I have used it a couple times (not here) when I found an item from a questionable seller and wanted to purchase from a known company though. Otherwise I think the lowest priced company should get the sale, not be "cheated" out of it by a price match.