PDA

View Full Version : Ceramic Pro?

Pages : [1] 2

MikeC78
05-18-2015, 10:15 AM
I just seen this stuff being advertised on Facebook. I've never heard of it before. How does this compare to the other mainstream coatings, such as CarPro and Opti Coat? Anyone have experience?

HUMP DIESEL
05-18-2015, 11:49 AM
They market is heavily, it is only similar in that it is another coating option. I would say if you stick with the well known brands you should not have any issues. CarPro, Opti-Coat, Modesta, 22ple, there are others.

HUMP

MikeC78
05-18-2015, 11:56 AM
Thanks hump!

I didn't plan on using it. I seen someone on FB bragging about getting it done and claiming he will never have to wax his car again. Saying he has a show finish for life, to include his tires.

I still have a syringe full of OC 2.0 waiting to be used... I just have to find the time to properly correct.

Evan.J
05-18-2015, 12:42 PM
Ceramic pro is actually a good coating. The 9H is difficult to install but a great coating imo

JSou
05-18-2015, 01:41 PM
Ceramic pro is actually a good coating. The 9H is difficult to install but a great coating imo

:iagree:

Dr_Pain
05-18-2015, 02:31 PM
In the field of coating it seems that we have 2 "main" base technology: SiO2 and SiC. Each manufacturing company has different "manipulations" of the product, and several tweaks (ie. titanium doping etc...) to make the product stand apart. The latest technologies seems to be migrating towards "sol-gel", but to speculate which is better, last longer etc... seems to be the most controversial topic of conversation. Why? Simply put, there are no REAL standardized independent testing which will stand up to scientific scrutiny. The main test you see advertise these day is a "9H pencil scratch test" in which most distributor advertise 9H+ (so actually above the scale). How good is a test which is exceeded by most coating manufacturer??

So how does one select a product if one does not stand as THE verifiable leader?? Simply enough, you select it as follow

1) Anecdotal installation experiences of qualified installers
2) Anecdotal follow up longevity test from qualified installers
3) Anecdotal maintenance requirement from qualified installers
4) Anecdotal customer service experience from qualified installers
5) Anecdotal warranty claim experiences from qualified installers
6) ..... etc....

As you can see you are heavily dependent on self reported experiences and accounts. Bruce (HUMP) definitely hit a major point when he pointed out that you should stick to the recognizable leaders in the industry, however I will point out (as Evan and Jake did) that Ceramic Pro is a recognizable name, but beyond the name comes the reputation of the product and best is the customer service (or installer service) after the fact.

Some companies have used a pretty bold approach to their marketing which is to FLOOD the market. That way their name is on everyone's lips, however while they may emerge as a forefront "leader" their fame quickly falters at the hands of poorly trained or plain shady installers. Having so many unqualified installers also raises a major problem for the company in the form of customer service after install where they basically have to resort to the blanket statement "User Error" (blaming the end user maintenance, or lack thereof, rather than faulting their installers which would put them within warranty liability reach. Which every route one uses in the selection of a coating should always start in quality forums as AGO, Autopia, CarPro etc... speaking and reading about coating technologies with people that play with them day in day out. Don't forget that all companies go through multiple "version" of their product yearly trying to improve the product, the application or its lasting characteristics.

In any case, off the top of my head here are a couple of names I can share regarding coatings, categorized in consumer grade and PRO grade

Consumer Grade (A lot carried right here at AG)
- Pinnacle Black Label
- Detailer's Pro
- CarPro Classic and UK
- Optimum GlossCoat
- Duragloss Enviroshield
- Chemical Guys Second Skin
- 22PLE
- Gtechniq
- Sonax
- iGreenLover
.......etc.....

PRO Grade (none of which is carried by AG)
- CQuartz Finest
- Ceramic Pro
- Optimum
....etc...

I apologize for not exactly answering your original question but lets say that my signature shows my experience and my bias. I've played with a LOT of different coatings and all have Pros and Cons, and in the end CP is a good product but in my experience CQuartz is a better product.

MikeC78
05-18-2015, 02:42 PM
Wow! Thanks for the explanation, Dr. pain.

Mike

Evan.J
05-18-2015, 05:18 PM
Claude you could add gtechniq crystal serum into the pro category

Mask
05-18-2015, 10:48 PM
Hm... 9 layers!!!

Dr_Pain
05-19-2015, 10:15 AM
Claude you could add gtechniq crystal serum into the pro category

I've never played with the PRO level GTechniq, but you are correct. One that I did forget to add also that has a worldwide recognizable name is Modesta. We could go on and on, and that is why I have the ....etc.... It seems that every month you see some additional coatings popping out of Korea, China, Japan, etc....

HUMP DIESEL
05-19-2015, 11:43 AM
I've never played with the PRO level GTechniq, but you are correct. One that I did forget to add also that has a worldwide recognizable name is Modesta. We could go on and on, and that is why I have the ....etc.... It seems that every month you see some additional coatings popping out of Korea, China, Japan, etc....

Great stuff from Dr. Pain as always. If you follow my signature, you will find out which ones I have chose to affiliate with and that is about the end of it. Customer service, performance of the product and a wealth of real-life user knowledge go a long way. I also do not like the flash floor marketing, but if you product can stand up to it, it does get out there fast.

HUMP

RaskyR1
05-19-2015, 01:47 PM
Thanks hump!

I didn't plan on using it. I seen someone on FB bragging about getting it done and claiming he will never have to wax his car again. Saying he has a show finish for life, to include his tires.

I still have a syringe full of OC 2.0 waiting to be used... I just have to find the time to properly correct.

That's the problem with them, lots of false claims floating around. That and the initial spamming of the product when it first came out assured me I'd never consider using it.

Extreme Radiance
06-16-2015, 04:31 PM
Dr. Pain
I have used Ceramic Pro 9h and found it difficult to work with as it is hard to remove.
I recently used Gtechniq Crystal Serum and found it easier to remove, plus NO high spots. I am sticking with Gtechniq.

Rsurfer
06-16-2015, 05:12 PM
Hm... 9 layers!!!

:confused: Maybe 9H and not 9 layers?

Mike@ShineStruck
06-16-2015, 06:03 PM
Black fire has the newest consumer product out
im tempted to try it
also tempted to try Element 119s System X due to the video tests ive seen on YouTube