PDA

View Full Version : APC help.

Swift
05-18-2015, 09:03 AM
I recently bought a Poorboy's APC. Primary its going to be used a De-greaser. Its an APC and have a lot of other uses. Since I don't have much experience with APC's can someone please share some pointers? Any dos and don'ts? Anything you people learn about APC's the hard way?

Feed back please

Desertnate
05-18-2015, 09:59 AM
I use the Poorboys APC and like it.

What I've done is mix up several bottles of different concentrations. I have a heavy concentration to use under the hood and on exhaust. Another is mixed to the ratio listed on the bottle for general cleaning. Since I'm paranoid, I've got a third bottle mixed with a very mild ratio to use on leather seating.

I don't recall the ratio's off the top my head, so I won't try to guess.

dcjredline
05-18-2015, 10:05 AM
Do a search man. You will find TONS of info.
4:1, and 10:1 are the most common dilutions

Swift
05-19-2015, 01:04 AM
I use the Poorboys APC and like it.

What I've done is mix up several bottles of different concentrations. I have a heavy concentration to use under the hood and on exhaust. Another is mixed to the ratio listed on the bottle for general cleaning. Since I'm paranoid, I've got a third bottle mixed with a very mild ratio to use on leather seating.

I don't recall the ratio's off the top my head, so I won't try to guess.

Bottle say 15: 1 for leather, vinyl, tires whitewalls, general cleaning. Also is it safe to make bottles according to dilution and keep them or its preferable to dilute when required to do a job?

Swift
05-19-2015, 01:06 AM
Do a search man. You will find TONS of info.
4:1, and 10:1 are the most common dilutions

If I had found any decent help, I wouldn't have come here. I'll appreciate if you have link/videos to post. :)

Desertnate
05-19-2015, 07:34 AM
Bottle say 15: 1 for leather, vinyl, tires whitewalls, general cleaning. Also is it safe to make bottles according to dilution and keep them or its preferable to dilute when required to do a job?

Thanks for the reminder. That sounds about right. I use 10:1 on interior stuff, and 4:1 for the strong version...I believe. I went off the ratios printed on the label.

I keep separate bottles and just mark them to ensure I can tell them apart. The stuff doesn't go bad, nor will it eat through the bottle, so mix up a big sprayer.

The only other tip I would have is don't spray the APC directly on to the cleaning surface unless you are cleaning under the hood. Anywhere else and I spray the rag and then wipe down the area.

Audios S6
05-19-2015, 07:42 AM
If I had found any decent help, I wouldn't have come here. I'll appreciate if you have link/videos to post. :)

Let me google that for you (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=apc+dilution+ratio)

fourth result is specific to poorboys APC

Swift
05-21-2015, 12:28 AM
Thanks for the reminder. That sounds about right. I use 10:1 on interior stuff, and 4:1 for the strong version...I believe. I went off the ratios printed on the label.

I keep separate bottles and just mark them to ensure I can tell them apart. The stuff doesn't go bad, nor will it eat through the bottle, so mix up a big sprayer.

The only other tip I would have is don't spray the APC directly on to the cleaning surface unless you are cleaning under the hood. Anywhere else and I spray the rag and then wipe down the area.

Thanks for inputs. Appreciate it. When I did little APC test, I didn't had sprayer around, so I just had to use towel and bottle (diluted). It works, only thing, I wasn't wearing gloves, it did sting a little on a finger for a day haha.

Let me google that for you (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=apc+dilution+ratio)

fourth result is specific to poorboys APC

Thanks for the input, I know the dilution part. Since I haven't worked with APC before I didn't know how to go about it. I googled up, how to use APC in tire cleaning, interior etc...and results started showing up. :xyxthumbs: