PDA

View Full Version : Interior Cleaning - Microfiber Towels

Jrocket
05-18-2015, 08:18 AM
What Microfiber towels are you guys using for Interior Wipe Downs ?

Looking for my best choice (something that doesn't Lint ) for doing light wipe downs with 1z premium cockpit ( fav interior product)

Also what Microfibers are you guys using for Leather Cleaners??

Thought I may just buy more Gold plush Jr's..

These will be for my new car I picked up

THANKS IN ADVANCE :xyxthumbs:

CDot
05-18-2015, 08:58 AM
I'm currently using the yellow towels from Sam's to do interior cleaning--leather included. For me, interior detailing can get dirtier than expected, because I have kids and don't get to wipe down every surface each week. I don't like using really good quality towels on interior unless they are only for light dash wipedowns.

If it's only a light wipedown, take a look at the Artic Whites (http://www.autogeek.net/white-microfiber-towel.html)or the Rolled Edge (http://www.autogeek.net/super-soft-microfiber-towels.html)towels.

FASTFRED
05-18-2015, 09:02 AM
For the interior I use towels from Costco. I wash them first though before I use them.

BradsDetailing
05-18-2015, 09:46 AM
I think most people here would agree that cheap is the way to go for interiors. Nothing too cheap, but gold plush jr's are overboard. I usually end up using mine in crevices and door jams and they become filthy and black. My favorite ones are the green ones I got in a kit from autogeek, not sure what I bought though. They have a bit of weight and the corners don't fold in when I toss them in the dryer.

Jrocket
05-18-2015, 09:50 AM
No I agree... Interiors can get dirty quick and don't want to go to overboard on towels.. so gold plush's may be a bit too much..

but the car is brand new.. only 4 weeks old now.

BMW M4 my first //M car. Black Leather interior.. just trying to keep it as like new as possible..

I have already coated the car including coating the interior door jam areas ( overboard I know)

but just trying to keep a few dedicated towels that wont be harsh on the interior or leave lint behind. just don't want to use anything to cheap on the seats that may not be the best on leather..

Thanks for the input..

Mask
05-18-2015, 09:53 AM
Meguiars supreme shine or eurow towel :)

BradsDetailing
05-18-2015, 10:09 AM
The gold plush towels would be good for dusting.

But I would not use a cleaner with them. I would stick to a shorter nap towel so you can get more scrubbing power.

And the green ones I was thinking of were the chemical guy green mf towels. 12 pack for around $8.

Otherwise there are the chemical guys gold towels, pack of 12 for only $20. I would actually think about using those. Didn't realise they were so cheap.

Y2KSVT
05-18-2015, 10:21 AM
If you haven't looked at the current BOGO section of the Autogeek store, they are offering a 6-pack of 'Microfiber Interior Detailing Towels'. Get 12 for the price of 6.

CDot
05-18-2015, 01:03 PM
but just trying to keep a few dedicated towels that wont be harsh on the interior or leave lint behind. just don't want to use anything to cheap on the seats that may not be the best on leather..

You will need scrubbing power for leather--I've even used the leather/vinyl scrub brush on mine--so a short nap towel is going to be your best bet. The yellow ones from Sam's don't leave any lint behind.

tw33k2514
05-18-2015, 03:09 PM
The cheapest towels I can find. Or towels that are no longer fit to touch my paint.

-note 4 powered by T-Mobile

damaged442
05-19-2015, 07:59 AM
I grabbed a package of MFs from Wally World for my interior endeavors. They do a good enough job for my stuff. If they clean up OK, I reuse them on interiors again, if not, to the engine bay they go. From there, they will eventually get tossed.

thedoc46
05-19-2015, 08:54 AM
I like glass cleaning MF's for delicate dashes and what not, because they leave no lint.

shagnat
05-19-2015, 09:45 AM
Zwipes.... I think Wally World carries them or do a google search. They work great for interior. For cleaning your leather seats, I'd get a horsehair brush (or similar) to be sure you get into the pours of the leather and have no regrets in a year or so.
It depends on what you're after regarding cleanliness of the leather seats. (dash, jams, side panels excluded) Also get a few small foam brushes (like for paint or at a hobby store) for the dash vents and tight places like that. Best of luck with your new ride.