PDA

View Full Version : Got the rupes 15 today

frankprozzoly
05-17-2015, 03:58 PM
Got it in the mail today. The flex was a little too much machine for me. I'd need to practice with it. This should should work well for me

Rsurfer
05-17-2015, 04:03 PM
Got it in the mail today. The flex was a little too much machine for me. I'd need to practice with it. This should should work well for me

Congrats, it's a great machine. Are you doing the washer mod?

Ebg18t
05-17-2015, 04:05 PM
Curious to hear how you like it compared to the Flex.

frankprozzoly
05-17-2015, 05:01 PM
Congrats, it's a great machine. Are you doing the washer mod?

You have to explain what this means

Ebg18t
05-17-2015, 05:13 PM
You have to explain what this means

Look up Kevin Brown washer mod on YouTube. I've never done it, but his name always comes up with Rupes.

frankprozzoly
05-17-2015, 05:14 PM
Thanks

Souldetailer
05-17-2015, 07:26 PM
Congrats fp,

Always exciting to get a package in the mail, whether it's some ONR or a Rupes like you. I can't wait to get another DA. Have an absolute great time correcting with it & please report back with your comments. Good luck & take care.

Peace,

Darrin

frankprozzoly
05-17-2015, 07:40 PM
My car doesn't need any correction work done but I think I'm gonna have to play with it tomorrow and do a little polishing

Evan.J
05-17-2015, 08:03 PM
Both the Flex and the Rupes are great machines. I have learned to never depend on only one machine.

frankprozzoly
05-17-2015, 08:13 PM
Both the Flex and the Rupes are great machines. I have learned to never depend on only one machine.

I need more experience to use the flex. Besides I don't do any major correction work so the rupes should be a better fit for me

Evan.J
05-17-2015, 08:25 PM
I need more experience to use the flex. Besides I don't do any major correction work so the rupes should be a better fit for me

I have done 5 Viper GTS and I can say that all of them except one I used the Rupes. The black one I hadto use the flex because the paint was very soft and not matter what I tried the paint would haze with the large throw of the Rupes. I ended up correcting the paint with Sonax EX 04-06 on a black Buff n Shine pad one speed 3 with light pressure. Talk about soft.

frankprozzoly
05-17-2015, 08:55 PM
I know your damn good at what you do but I'm more impressed with the clientele you've acquired. You must be great at marketing yourself or all those rich guys talk to each other

KS_Detailing
05-17-2015, 10:09 PM
To be honest my flex has been sitting for several months now. I've been using my rupes 15 almost all the time. Feels smoother and lighter. I've learned the rupes quirks now and it doesn't stall on curve panels once you get the hang of it down. My 15 & mini have been getting the job done. Prefer the 15 over the 21. But maybe if I put the 5" backing plate id use it

fotomatt1
05-18-2015, 06:18 AM
To be honest my flex has been sitting for several months now. I've been using my rupes 15 almost all the time. Feels smoother and lighter. I've learned the rupes quirks now and it doesn't stall on curve panels once you get the hang of it down. My 15 & mini have been getting the job done. Prefer the 15 over the 21. But maybe if I put the 5" backing plate id use it

I have a Rupes 21 with a 5"bp and a LHR-75e mini. I love both and they get the job done, but like Evan said, I don't want to depend on only one machine / system. I'll probably buy a Flex 3401 and PE-8 eventually and then all my bases will be covered.