PDA

View Full Version : IYO, What is the BEST microfibers for...

glisten
05-17-2015, 12:25 PM
Have at it:

-What is the best microfiber for removing compounds?
-Specifically, what is the best microfiber for removing compounds that will not add defects back into the paint?

- What is the best microfiber for removing polishes that won't add defects in the paint?

-Best microfiber for quick waxes/sealants?

-Best microfiber for cleaning glass?

-Best microfiber or towel for drying?

There are so many options. What are you favorites? Why are they your favorite? What task do you use them for?

Thanks for the input!

FUNX650
05-17-2015, 02:10 PM
IMO...
The most versatile MF-towel for detailing tasks is the
Waffle Weave (WW) towel. It has/exhibits the best
characteristics of several different MF-towel weaves....
Towel weaves for drying/compounding/polishing/glass/QD.

Note:
IMO...WW is not the best weave for MF-"cleaning towels".
That's the job best reserved for MF-towels having "split fibers".

So...
Even if you're not on a budget...but are looking for
a single type of MF-towel that'll do the most work:

Don't waffle! Instead:
Go waffle...Waffle Weave, that is. :)

Bob

goldenlight
05-17-2015, 03:05 PM
- What is the best microfiber for removing polishes that won't add defects in the paint? A good microfiber made in South Korea. Don't think North Korea has any?

-Best microfiber for quick waxes? Waffle weave 16x16

-Best microfiber for sealants? Miracle towel purchased at auto geek or a good "made in Korea" Microfiber

-Best microfiber for cleaning glass? waffle Weave

-Best microfiber or towel for drying? A High Quality Waffle Weave Towel.

d33p
05-17-2015, 03:37 PM
Have you tried using the search feature here on the forum?

Do some research.

frankprozzoly
05-17-2015, 03:53 PM
[QUOTE=d33p;1252319]Have you tried using the search feature here on the forum?

Sometimes doing a search brings up a million different topics with the specific words typed in the search. I will admit that I'm not very computer savvy and I'm very impatient so I don't fault someone for asking something that's been talked about a million times. I do it way too often myself

Ebg18t
05-17-2015, 04:38 PM
Korean MF 350+ GSM for most things.
Waffle MF for drying.

You may find that you like long or short nap depending on your compound or polish being used. Some MF have a short & long side, some are equal length. I'd suggest you buy a few different options and see what you like. Personal preference plays a large role in which MF is best.

jmsc
05-17-2015, 04:42 PM
subscribing...

glisten
05-17-2015, 09:24 PM
Thanks everyone...at least everyone who gave a real answer.

There is no comprehensive microfiber thread on this forum..at least from what I can find. If I'm wrong, please link to it. The search function doesn't give me the answers I am looking for.

I really am interested in specific brands that make good microfibers for removing compound. Nothing is worse than spending the time achieving perfection, to then wipe the compound off and scratch the clear coat.

My issue is there are so many companies claiming this- I don't know which to buy.

Mask
05-17-2015, 10:00 PM
Meguiars supreme shine microfiber.

FinishingTouchA
05-18-2015, 12:55 AM
Meguiars supreme shine are low quality, might as well get the costco ones if that's your fav.
My personal favorite is the Supreme 530, I have yet to find a towel I care for more. Second favorite is the CarPro edgeless towels. And for glass definitely a waffle weave.

VISITOR
05-18-2015, 01:02 AM
if you want to keep it simple, then purchase some of the cobra gold plush microfiber towels which can be used for removing lsp's, polishes, compounds, etc,. for the non-paint related tasks such as interior, wheels, engines, jambs, etc, the kirkland microfiber towels from costco work well...

Gold Plush Jr. Microfiber Towels 12 Pack (http://www.autogeek.net/gold-plush-jr-towel-12.html)
http://ep.yimg.com/ay/autogeek/gold-plush-jr-microfiber-towels-12-pack-1.gif

fotomatt1
05-18-2015, 06:32 AM
Thanks everyone...at least everyone who gave a real answer.

There is no comprehensive microfiber thread on this forum..at least from what I can find. If I'm wrong, please link to it. The search function doesn't give me the answers I am looking for.

I really am interested in specific brands that make good microfibers for removing compound. Nothing is worse than spending the time achieving perfection, to then wipe the compound off and scratch the clear coat.

My issue is there are so many companies claiming this- I don't know which to buy.

Here is a pretty comprehensive MF towel thread. In particular check out the posts by Cardaddy. He's microfiber obsessed and really knows his stuff:

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/showthread.php?t=88988

CDot
05-18-2015, 08:44 AM
My current MF towel usage:

AG Red/Black "Clean & Buff" AG Towels: Polish/Glaze Removal
WM grey two-side MF's: Polish Removal
CG Blue Monsters: Wax/Sealant Removal
AG Purple Super Plush: Spray Wax/Sealant removal
CarPro (orange) BOA's: Spary Wax/Sealant removal
AG Gold Plush Jr's: QD/Clay Lube

WM blue "low quality" towels: heavy glass cleaning/wipers
WM green "low quality" towels: heavy Exterior cleaning
WM yellow "low quality" towels: heavy interior cleaning
CarPro (black) MF's: wheels
WM graphite "chrome" MF's: Chrome exhaust polishing

Sam's Yellow MF's (30 pack): Interior (plastic/vinyl/leather/headliner) cleaning/protectants. Carpet Cleaning, and Door jams [split into 3 groups]
Target's green glass MF: glass cleaning
AG White waffle weave glass towels: glass cleaning/buffing
CG "El Gordo" Fatty Limes: Specialty applications
MFT blue Elite Ultra Plush MF's: Waterless/Rinseless washes 500gsm

CG Grey Matter waffle weave / AG Guzzler Combo Kit: Drying