PDA

View Full Version : 1Z Einszett Klima-Cleaner

spewking
05-17-2015, 11:07 AM
I want to clean up my air system and need some help:

Any feedback on this product's performance?

AG's description is to spray product in vents but product label describes putting it directly into blower under the dash. Recommendations on procedure?

Can a weekend warrior like me use this product effectively without risk of damage to ventilation system? I read somewhere that it may be best left to the pros to use this product and to clean system, so your advice is welcomed.

Thanks. David

sunday joe
05-17-2015, 11:48 AM
If you have air vents on the dash, insert the tube in the center one and use as described on the can. I think you empty the can and leave the windows closed for 30 min. Then open the windows and turn on the blower.
It worked OK for me.
Good luck.

spewking
05-17-2015, 12:38 PM
If you have air vents on the dash, insert the tube in the center one and use as described on the can. I think you empty the can and leave the windows closed for 30 min. Then open the windows and turn on the blower.
It worked OK for me.
Good luck.

Joe, thanks. My confusion is the the can instructs going through blower beneath dash, taking out cabin filter, etc. to have the recirculating air suck it right to coils.

Maybe the dash approach works fine, so I'll see if anyone else weighs in.

David

Setec Astronomy
05-17-2015, 01:00 PM
It depends on the car, if you have a cabin filter in the glove compartment, it may be better to go in that way, but I've gone in through the dash vents and it worked fine. I recommend the product.

I wouldn't worry about any damage, it's just some foaming cleaner--the damage issue was a specific Acura model IIRC where the cleaner dripped out onto the computer. They also say you can spray it up the condensate drain from under the car.

Angus
05-17-2015, 01:02 PM
It depends on the car, if you have a cabin filter in the glove compartment, it may be better to go in that way, but I've gone in through the dash vents and it worked fine. I recommend the product.

I wouldn't worry about any damage, it's just some foaming cleaner--the damage issue was a specific Acura model IIRC where the cleaner dripped out onto the computer. They also say you can spray it up the condensate drain from under the car.

+1. I used it on my Wife's 2012 Subaru Impreza by going through the center console vent. Just make sure you get the tube all the way down into the condenser.

spewking
05-17-2015, 01:08 PM

Thanks. Is it safe to use on a 2010 Acura MDX?

Setec Astronomy
05-17-2015, 05:32 PM
Thanks. Is it safe to use on a 2010 Acura MDX?

I googled it and it seems to be a TSX problem, but at the bottom of the product page in the Autogeek store ( 1Z Einszett Klima-Cleaner Air Conditioner Treatment (http://www.autogeek.net/1z-einszett-klima-cleaner-air-freshener.html) ) it says this: " Not for use on Acura vehicles. We recommend Klima-Cleaner ETU instead."

spewking
05-17-2015, 07:31 PM
I googled it and it seems to be a TSX problem, but at the bottom of the product page in the Autogeek store ( 1Z Einszett Klima-Cleaner Air Conditioner Treatment (http://www.autogeek.net/1z-einszett-klima-cleaner-air-freshener.html) ) it says this: " Not for use on Acura vehicles. We recommend Klima-Cleaner ETU instead."

Thanks. You are right...I missed this disclaimer. I thought I remembered something like this...it was right in front of me!

Much appreciated.

Ebg18t
05-17-2015, 07:43 PM

For a second I thought you were joking. But I read it there too. Wonder what was happening?