PDA

View Full Version : Carpet chevrons, how?

SameGuy
05-16-2015, 02:29 PM
I know not everyone is a fan of them, but I find they add a nice final touch to a detailed interior.

My question is how can I achieve nice, crisp carpet "chevrons" with the tools I currently have at my disposal? I normally only do quick interiors as part of my exterior jobs, but it seems on the few cars I've done complete interiors I haven't been able to get the resulting chevrons very cleanly. Is it possible to create them with just a dry vacuum? I do not currently own a true hot water extractor, but have a decent consumer Bissell carpet cleaner along with my 6.5 peak hp wet/dry vac and McCulloch 1385.

Any thoughts?

harrell51
05-16-2015, 02:39 PM
I just use a stiff brush, I use it as a sign to clients where they know the carpet has been touched.

Paul A.
05-16-2015, 03:17 PM
I use my vaccuum to go in opposite directions every other row or pass. Carpet fibers seem to have a "grain" or tendency to lay flat in one direction and stand up in the other. My vac attachment is enough to leave nice, clean lines.

Audios S6
05-17-2015, 09:45 AM
A vacuum can work fine. A very light spray of water can help to achieve the look. Hair is more easily tamed when wet, carpet is no different.