PDA

View Full Version : FLA detail supplies????

pricha00
09-04-2007, 07:23 PM
To all you detailers in Florida where can I purchase boutique products in the Orlando area? I know I can order online but being Canadian makes it a huge PITA. Duties, brokerage fees and our lovely taxes add substantially to the bill. We do have a local online detail shop but he doesn't carry all the products that I see here on Autogeek. I am interested the XMT line of Pinnacle polishes and the Cobra micofiber towels. Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Pat.

Pauly6401
09-04-2007, 07:46 PM
Autogeek's Warehouse isn't THAT far from Orlando, maybe 2 hours? You might be able to order and pick it up on site...you'd have to ask Meghan or someone if that would work.

As the stuff you are interested is only available online as far as I know, that's pretty much your only option.

Or you could work out to have someone else get you the stuff and mail it to you/meet you in Orlando...

Kelso
09-04-2007, 07:56 PM
yea dude their warehouse is like 2 or 3 hours from orlando at the most... its down in the stuart area i believe.... you can order by phone or just go pick it up at the warehouse or order online

Meghan
09-04-2007, 07:58 PM
Two hours, and bring lunch!;)

A1monky
09-04-2007, 08:20 PM
If you order early in the day AG can get your order too orlando the next day.
I live in Orlando too, I havent found any storefront detail shops.
Where are you in Orlando?? Do you detail professionaly or just for fun?

pricha00
09-04-2007, 08:28 PM
No I live in Southern Ontario, Canada but I will be visiting Disney World the last week of Sept and the first week of Oct. so I was hoping to pick up some supplies for my own use while I am on vacation. I just like keeping my own vehicle really looking good. The only issue I have is that you usually can't order with a CC and ship to an address not registered to the card. I know why they do this but it makes it difficult for me to ship stuff to the US when I reside in Canada. Meghan could I order from Orlando and pick up and just physically pay in cash or present the CC in person to get my items? What is the actual city you are in? Is it on my route, as I go down the 95 through Georgia and straight down towards Orlando.

Thanks, Pat.

Meghan
09-04-2007, 08:31 PM
No I live in Southern Ontario, Canada but I will be visiting Disney World the last week of Sept and the first week of Oct. so I was hoping to pick up some supplies for my own use while I am on vacation. I just like keeping my own vehicle really looking good. The only issue I have is that you usually can't order with a CC and ship to an address not registered to the card. I know why they do this but it makes it difficult for me to ship stuff to the US when I reside in Canada. Meghan could I order from Orlando and pick up and just physically pay in cash or present the CC in person to get my items? What is the actual city you are in? Is it on my route, as I go down the 95 through Georgia and straight down towards Orlando.

Thanks, Pat.

We are south of Orlando right off of I95. You can call in and place the order with CC and let us know what day you would like to pick up and we would have it ready for you. Or best option is placing the order and have it shipped to your hotel.

pricha00
09-04-2007, 08:38 PM
Meghan you can just ship to my hotel. That's great. Do I just prepay with my CC or would COD be preferable? COD probably kind of hard seeing how as I don't think we will be in our room very much. Mickey Mouse keeps you hopping all day long especially with a 3 yr old.

Pat.

blk45
09-04-2007, 11:56 PM
The only issue I have is that you usually can't order with a CC and ship to an address not registered to the card.

It looks like Meghan can take care of you, but if you call your credit card company, they will let you list alternate addresses as "authorized". I don't know if they will let you use other countries though. Never tried that! Good luck!