PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Liquid Wax Question

TheAverageMan
05-15-2015, 02:39 PM
Does this wax have any cleaning ability? Plan to use it with a well maintained 2015 white car. Thought about getting UltimatePolish, butmy car doesnt really need any paint corrections. Since I heard that most consumer level waxes contain cleaning agents for the acerage joe, I was wondering if ULW has some as well.

BTLew81
05-15-2015, 02:41 PM
No cleaning ability. Ultimate Polish or M205 are great prep for UW. Ultimate Polish has very little cut, but does clean well. M205 can have some cut, depending on paint and pad.

You'll enjoy UW. For the liquid, don't overwork it or you may get streaking.

Zubair
05-15-2015, 03:24 PM
Ultimate Wax is a polishing wax (sealant)with filling abilities. I can post a link if you want as it seems many here dont know products and need proof from those who actually do.

The Guz
05-15-2015, 04:11 PM
UW is closer to a polish/wax because of its ability to darken paint. No cleaners in it though.

Not sure why so many people consider NXT to be a cleaner wax - it isn't. It's a polish wax, as is 21, as is Ultimate Wax. You get more cleaning ability from the applicator you use than anything NXT has in it.

Pulled it from this thread.

Ultimate Wax - Page 3 (http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?46204-Ultimate-Wax/page3&highlight=ultimate+wax)

FYI You won't notice any darkening on white paint or silver.

If you want a cleaner wax that's available locally then pick up some white wax.

FUNX650
05-15-2015, 04:32 PM
Does this wax have any cleaning ability?

Since I heard that most consumer level waxes contain cleaning agents for the acerage joe,

I was wondering if ULW has some as well.
According to Meguiar's:
Meguiar's Ultimate Liquid Wax does not have
any true cleaning ability.

•It's considered, by Meguiar's, to be a "polish wax"...
-in that it contains some level of polishing-oils that help darken the paint and add additional gloss.

•And that's the truth!! :)

Bob

Breese147
05-15-2015, 04:40 PM
Their white wax has some Light cleaning/polishing abilities

TheAverageMan
05-16-2015, 02:48 AM
Polish wax that has fillers. Got it, thanks for reply guys.

VISITOR
05-16-2015, 03:25 AM
white wax would be a good choice. you can use a polishing pad for some light clean up and for more a light cutting pad. if you want to be as gentle as possible then a finishing pad would work as well. it can be less or more aggressive as you want it to be with a change of a pad...

Don M
05-16-2015, 07:37 AM
Polish wax that has fillers. Got it, thanks for reply guys.

Just wanted to say that UPW didn't hide ANYTHING on my car after I polished it out with Ult Polish, OR my neighbor's truck after compounding it with Ult Compound ... it still had a few light rids & swirls on it when I was done compounding.